• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Music City Bowl Tailgate

What is wrong with parking on the field-side of the river?

Wake parking passes will be in Lot R.

parking-chart.gif

(If you were posting this because of my post) I only said that because of this post; I read into the comment that it would be unsafe to leave my car parked at the stadium after the game if, for example, I wanted to walk back to downtown and let the postgame traffic thin out.

LP is not the most tailgate friendly field out there but it can be done. I would think that most will hit downtown Nashvegas and walk across the pedestrian bridge to the game. The best thing about this plan is that it will situate you for hitting downtown after the game without having to fight the stadium traffic. I would not want to leave my car on the stadium side of the river for any period of time after the game.
I look forward to meeting some of you all at the game...And please ignore the idiots that will certainly come crawling out of the woodwork, I am sure you will find that most MSU fans are very cordial and are out for good football and a good time!!!

My friends were telling me yesterday that they are doing a big riverboat tailgate. It's a company that sets up pay tailgates for each bowl game. He wasn't sure if they just divide a big boat for wake and state fans or if there were actually two boats. He said it was forty dollars but was included in their ticket package. There's a website where you can go to make your reservation. But everything is free once you pay your 40 bucks. Food and alcohol. I will find out what the website is. It would be awesome to pre-game on a boat with your team's fans and then get dropped off at the stadium on the river. Then after the game, cross the bridge to downtown. Then take a taxi home. Perfect day.

nothing wrong with parking there for the game, all parking passes are there. It is after the game that parking downtown across the river will pay off. If you plan on doing the downtown scene after the game, and you should!!! I would not want to have to go back across the river after. The stadium is not in a very good part of town.

My friends were telling me yesterday that they are doing a big riverboat tailgate. It's a company that sets up pay tailgates for each bowl game. He wasn't sure if they just divide a big boat for wake and state fans or if there were actually two boats. He said it was forty dollars but was included in their ticket package. There's a website where you can go to make your reservation. But everything is free once you pay your 40 bucks. Food and alcohol. I will find out what the website is. It would be awesome to pre-game on a boat with your team's fans and then get dropped off at the stadium on the river. Then after the game, cross the bridge to downtown. Then take a taxi home. Perfect day.

It might be a little windy on that boat.

Also, can anyone recommend a good downtown bar to watch the early games on Friday? Thanks.

Just go to Broadway and 2nd Avenue. They intersect. There are bars lining both. I would just stroll down each one and there will be tons of great options and fans in each one.

Yeah, but the good thing is that it will be HOT AIR!!!

By the way deacondamo, I have a brother that lives in Rockville, right next to Woodmont Country Club on the Pike. I grew up not to far from there in Silver Spring...Went to Paint Branch High School before moving to Mississippi. As a big baseball fan, it was then very easy to become an MSU fan during the mid 80's.

Especially if Coach34 is on board

Hey-OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, but the good thing is that it will be HOT AIR!!!

By the way deacondamo, I have a brother that lives in Rockville, right next to Woodmont Country Club on the Pike. I grew up not to far from there in Silver Spring...Went to Paint Branch High School before moving to Mississippi. As a big baseball fan, it was then very easy to become an MSU fan during the mid 80's.

Cool. I live off Montrose Rd between 270 and the Pike. It's a nice area, but I will be moving soon. You an O's fan?

Also, a friend of mine from high school played DE at MSU in the late 90's, early 2000s. His name is Justin Blake, sound familiar? I didn't follow his career closely.

I don't remember Justin Blake, some of the others on here may though. Man, I may be the most frustrated sports fan in the world. I'm an O's fan, a Redskins fan AND a Mississippi State University fan!!! Yes...I know misery!!!

any information on this?? this sounds like it could be cool.

Tickets start being assigned tonight. I'm pretty pumped.

Just picked up a parking pass in the general lot A. Its caddy cornered from the WFU official lots, but I figured I'd snag one just to be safe and make sure I had one in hand.

Back