• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Muslim ban already having effect

Trump's first week: For many in Arizona, it doesn't get any better than this

“I love America, OK?” Jenkins said. “And this gives me hope. It’s the right direction.”

180ba0f9d52cf8250be1345873a6b4d8.jpg

I think a lot of black people know immigration has been disastrous for the black community- they're often the first ones to be replaced on a job site. The problem is the anti-Republican propaganda has been so strong in the black community and the Republicans themselves have done so little to reach out to them- hopefully they will see some positive changes under Trump and rethink their blind support for racists like Clinton.

Never mind the fact that the changes that disproportionately affected black and white working class communities were set into motion by Reagan and Bush-era policy. That isn't to say that Clinton didn't make things worse, but to pretend like deindustrialization was caused by immigration and NAFTA is hopelessly naive.

Never mind the fact that the changes that disproportionately affected black and white working class communities were set into motion by Reagan and Bush-era policy. That isn't to say that Clinton didn't make things worse, but to pretend like deindustrialization was caused by immigration and NAFTA is hopelessly naive.

It's not just deindustrialization resulting from neo-liberal trade agreements. Though that certainly didn't help. It's also about employers choosing to hire other groups over native born Americans, particularly black Americans. There are certainly more problems than our immigration policies, going back to the 60s, but immigration is an important factor.

It's not just deindustrialization resulting from neo-liberal trade agreements. Though that certainly didn't help. It's also about employers choosing to hire other groups over native born Americans, particularly black Americans. There are certainly more problems than our immigration policies, going back to the 60s, but immigration is an important factor.

Going back to the 60s? Historians would claim that deindustrialization and offshoring were inevitable long before that time.

Is there any proof, short of raw correlation, that immigration has hurt the job prospects of the black and white working classes? Do you have evidence to support the claim that employers are discriminating against black workers in favor of foreign-born workers? In what sectors? How bad is the problem? Do you have any data?

Scapegoating immigrants for job loss/lack of mobility is more likely just a play out of the fascist/white supremacist playbook. The fact that my family is even in the United States is a testament to the effectiveness of that strategy.

Going back to the 60s? Historians would claim that deindustrialization and offshoring were inevitable long before that time.

Is there any proof, short of raw correlation, that immigration has hurt the job prospects of the black and white working classes? Do you have evidence to support the claim that employers are discriminating against black workers in favor of foreign-born workers? In what sectors? How bad is the problem? Do you have any data?

Scapegoating immigrants for job loss/lack of mobility is more likely just a play out of the fascist/white supremacist playbook. The fact that my family is even in the United States is a testament to the effectiveness of that strategy.
I said, "There are certainly more problems than our immigration policies, going back to the 60s, but immigration is an important factor." I was referring to the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965. Anyway,
Immigrants Are Seen as Better Employees. There is certainly a lot of anecdotal evidence and some systematic evidence that immigrants are seen as better workers by some employers, especially in comparison to native-born African Americans. It is certainly not uncommon to find small business owners who will admit that they prefer Hispanic or Asian immigrants over native-born blacks. This is especially true of Hispanic and Asian employers, who often prefer to hire from within their own communities. We would expect this preference to result in lower wages and higher unemployment for those natives who are seen as less desirable.

A 1995 study of the Harlem labor market by Newman and Lennon provides some systematic evidence that employers prefer immigrants to native-born blacks. Their study found that although immigrants were only 11 percent of the job candidates in their sample, they represented 26.4 percent of those hired. Moreover, 41 percent of the immigrants in the sample were able to find employment within one year, in contrast to only 14 percent of native-born blacks. The authors concluded that immigrants fare better in the low wage labor market because employers see immigrants as more desirable employees than native-born African Americans.11
http://cis.org/node/1582
That took me all of two seconds to find. I'm sure I could find more if I cared to waste my time talking to a wall that will remain beholden to it's pro-immigration stance no matter what is posted.

We need to have a chart on who can lecture who. Like one of those laminated deals that offensive coordinators hold over their mouths when they're on t.v.

No, no, no. I have listened. I have learned. You stated that people shouldn't lecture other people about right and wrong. I have accepted that as the truth.

So I look forward to you criticizing BKF, sailor, and the others for their hypocrisy about black folks.

Trump's gonna get politicians that cross him not re-elected by trolling them on twitter, amazing.

Back