• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Muslim ban already having effect

Being here long enough i honestly believe you all could care less about a 90 day ban.

Really do you really CARE? You despise trump. I don't love trump but you guys? He could propose to put 500 bucks cash in your paycheck every week for the rest of your lives and you would still find something wrong. Face it. This stupid ban rolled out when people with temporary green cards were floating in limbo 30 thousand feet in the air. So they were detained. MELTDOWN!!!!! WE GOT HIM!!!!!

This whole damn ban would be over and done with. Maybe extended? Maybe leverage on some shit countries? However, NOT THE SAUDIS who are the only bad bad boys who are responsible for everything from Tsunamis and Wake losing to BC this year! Geez

I can tell you with blinders on that Trumps rhetoric has slowed down the invisible map from South America pointing north that tells poor struggling people "this way for free everything".

Maybe those bad hombres that use those poor people that have little to nothing and hand over their huts and all their goods for a bus ride only to be dumped off at the border will stop the madness. Maybe those poor souls heard the Trumpets loud and clear. The answer is NO.

Mean privileged me? Nope. Lucky. Just plain dum luck that I was born here like you. White? Luck again.

Trumps big mouth during his campaign is the justification for the Muslim ban which it is not what you call it no matter how many times you repeat . The majority of the world’s 1.6 billion Muslims are concentrated in countries like Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Turkey and Iran. Ask Obama what countries he designated as a threat.

I won't hold my breath for the barage of the usual.

Sometimes I think some wouldn't mind another 9/11 just to prove that trump is incompetent. Not really but the thought has crossed my mind.

That's how crazy this has become. Muslim ban. You're all so damn educated. Sometimes I wonder.

No.

Supreme court just ruled and reinstated the travel ban and moratorium on refugee resettlement. Effective in 72 hours. Anyone who does not currently have travel documents will not be able to travel until November at the earliest.

We are a nation ruled by fear, and it's very sad.

Supreme court just ruled and reinstated the travel ban and moratorium on refugee resettlement. Effective in 72 hours. Anyone who does not currently have travel documents will not be able to travel until November at the earliest.

We are a nation ruled by fear, and it's very sad.

Wow, that's horrifying.

What's insane is that the original ban has be surpassed in timeframe by a factor greater than 2.

What's insane is that the original ban has be surpassed in timeframe by a factor greater than 2.

We have still been resettling people in that time frame, albeit at fewer numbers (which was always going to be the case because there never was a legal challenge to the reduction in overall resettlement numbers from 110,000 to 50,000).

People will still be allowed to come over if they have family, admission to a US school, or a job waiting. Seems like more lawsuits are a given.

Kind of a bizarre compromise. No refugees or tourists.

People will still be allowed to come over if they have family, admission to a US school, or a job waiting. Seems like more lawsuits are a given.

Kind of a bizarre compromise. No refugees or tourists.

I believe that the family exclusion technically applies to the refugee resettlement program as well, but practically am not sure how it will affect arrivals with US ties.

I cleared customs last Saturday, and noticed there were two different customs lines. One that was comprised of people with mostly white skin and the one I was in that was comprised mostly with POC. In our line we grilled extensively upon return, in the other line moving about 4 times as fast people were just stamped back in. It was a little concerning.

Last edited:
Back