• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

my greatest fear...

is that we have a better record next year. I feel like we have a chance at that... We finish around .500, keep bzzz and are mired in the misery of mediocrity for the next decade.

This feels very much like a breakup/divorce. You want to move on...you see her on occasion and she looks lousy so you realize you can find better. You even tap some hoodrats in the process. But then off and on you see her looking pretty good so you guys hook up again. And the cycle continues...never ending and never moving forward.

Wake Forest Fans... welcome to your new reality. Mediocrity...

Still with who the ACC is adding, unless we add some kind of 5th year seniors of real note, we will not get 15 wins next year.

I feel like we will probably have a better record. With a soft ooc schedule and not having 7 freshman, I think we'll have fewer letdowns against abysmal competition, but ultimately will not be a better team. I feel VT is the only team whose prospects are not better than ours.

Our schedule will not be softer. Even if Wellman finds a way to make the OOC schedule even softer (this would be hard to do given that the preseason tournament we're in seems to be much tougher), the ACC as a whole should be much better, especially with the additions of ND, Syracuse, and Pittsburgh. I think being more experienced will even out our performances though so that we probably get one or two more OOC wins, but I could easily see that being offset by the general improvement of the ACC.

I don't think we will have a winning record. Maybe 0.500.

Our schedule will not be softer. Even if Wellman finds a way to make the OOC schedule even softer (this would be hard to do given that the preseason tournament we're in seems to be much tougher), the ACC as a whole should be much better, especially with the additions of ND, Syracuse, and Pittsburgh. I think being more experienced will even out our performances though so that we probably get one or two more OOC wins, but I could easily see that being offset by the general improvement of the ACC.

I don't think we will have a winning record. Maybe 0.500.

yeah, I agree, but I think we hit 15/16 wins next season with a worse finish in the ACC - 1st ever 13th place finish!!!!

My greatest fear is being an astronaut on a spacewalk and having my harness snap so that I go tumbling wildly into space where rescue is impossible and I simply have to wait for my air to run out so that I suffocate to death.

That and sea snakes.

When you set the bar low, the standard for "success" becomes a lot easier. There will be spontaneous combustion of several board posters when Hatch backs Wellman and Wellman announces a 3-year extension for [Redacted] this time next year.

:sick:

I mean, that's how I go through my time at Wake academically, but still

Mine is going to prison for a crime I didn't commit. But, perpetual mediocrity is pretty bad, too.

13-18 is a SHITTY record. SHITTY, no other way to put it. 3 straight years of this is unconscionable, if that is even a word. This team wasn't on NCAA probation, not coming off death penalty...THIS IS ALL SELF IMPOSED FOR NO GOOD REASON AT ALL. Except some people think this is the way WFU basketball should operate.

it's a word

Scary are these clowns from 1875:

tumblr_mg7smtd2JL1qa51rdo1_1280.jpg

It's possible but I think we'll be about the same. We might be better, and I expect the OOC schedule to be insanely easy, but I think the ACC will be tougher. So I think we end up with about 13 wins again.

My greatest fear is being an astronaut on a spacewalk and having my harness snap so that I go tumbling wildly into space where rescue is impossible and I simply have to wait for my air to run out so that I suffocate to death.

That and sea snakes.

That would be bliss compared to getting stuck in a tight space like a chimney or while spelunking

That would be bliss compared to getting stuck in a tight space like a chimney or while spelunking

Being buried alive would also be a pretty crappy way to go.

WindyCity, I really think you need to revisit your list of biggest fears. You didn't even mention slipping and falling through a glass shower door and bleeding out on the bathroom floor.

I can't wait to see next season's non-conference schedule. It will be softer than the softest Charmin.

With the acqusition of the Joel and other building projects Wellman will not be interested in retiring until the distant future. Now there is something to contemplate.

yeah, I agree, but I think we hit 15/16 wins next season with a worse finish in the ACC - 1st ever 13th place finish!!!!
[Redacted] can go for 15th if he really tries next season. But I think the players will stop that from happening. 13th does sound about right as a starting point.

You'll always have those quality halftime shows to look forward to...like those big-headed characters that run around so hilariously? Yeah.

And don't forget the $1 hot dog nites! We won 2 games we probably shouldn't have and we lost so many more that we shouldn't have. I've never been more pessimistic about an upcoming Wake season.

I figured it would be getting your ass kicked by a Bears defensive beast.

We lose CJ, who singlehandedly won several games for us and then we add tougher conference opponents. No freaking way our record improves next year.

I wouldn't want to die the way the hooker did in Se7en, although it feels like that is exactly what Wellman is doing to the Wake Forest basketball program.

Back