• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My Name is Ronald McDonald

Catering to the lowest common denominator.

Annoying as shit.

This reads like a moonz post.

Guy posts thread on message board about annoying ad campaign, proving that it worked.

hey, Taco Bell, there aren't that many people named Ronald McDonald out there. you guys are dumb.

I actually think it's pretty clever, and the fact that we all now know taco bell has breakfast means it worked.

Alright, I'll play. How about, "People, Mexican food (their shitty version notwitstanding) is fucking awesome at breakfast. McDonalds even serves breakfast burritos. WE DO BURRITOS. Huevos. Papas. Salsa. Arroz. Frijolas. Real Mexican breakfast (again, humor me - I KNOW IT IS AS MEXICAN AS WAIT CHAPEL IS A MISSION). In combo, it tastes great. Come to Taco Bell. We serve breakfast." That's my ad.

No. Instead, it's a waffle-rito with Ronald McDonald's of America telling me how great it is. That's not going to work. Hell, I'll bet you the waffle sausage folded labia is fucking off the menu in 12 months. Take that, Draper. Converting fastfood chains for breakfast production is costly (why ... no clue, but apparently it is). My initial post was a drunk laugh but I think I'm right. WTF were they thinking?

Random aside, if you are a current student and you eat at the Reynolda Rd TB, fuck you. Cross the street and eat at Taco Riendo #3. Thank me later.

hey, Taco Bell, there aren't that many people named Ronald McDonald out there. you guys are dumb.

Alright, I'll play. How about, "People, Mexican food (their shitty version notwitstanding) is fucking awesome at breakfast. McDonalds even serves breakfast burritos. WE DO BURRITOS. Huevos. Papas. Salsa. Arroz. Frijolas. Real Mexican breakfast (again, humor me - I KNOW IT IS AS MEXICAN AS WAIT CHAPEL IS A MISSION). In combo, it tastes great. Come to Taco Bell. We serve breakfast." That's my ad.

No. Instead, it's a waffle-rito with Ronald McDonald's of America telling me how great it is. That's not going to work. Hell, I'll bet you the waffle sausage folded labia is fucking off the menu in 12 months. Take that, Draper. Converting fastfood chains for breakfast production is costly (why ... no clue, but apparently it is). My initial post was a drunk laugh but I think I'm right. WTF were they thinking?

Random aside, if you are a current student and you eat at the Reynolda Rd TB, fuck you. Cross the stree and eat at Taco Riendo #3. Thank me later.

Man, you're really serious about this.

Taco Bell isn't serving real Mexican food for breakfast. Most Americans don't want real Mexican food, and their tastes in breakfast food are especially bland and conservative. And all their normal commercials are like, "WHOA LOOK MELTY CHEESY MEXICAN FOOD," so that's tired.

They focused on McDonald's because they're going to war with McDonald's in the fast-food breakfast space. McDonald's is treating this as such a threat that they're giving away free coffee in the mornings to every customer for two weeks.

What is going on here? It's a brilliant ad campaign imo

Serious? No. Drinking, watching the baseball game, multiple TB commercials, pondering the future. Think Slater in D&C.

I THINK THEIR TACT IS STUPID. I STARTED A THREAD. I WOULD BET THE VIRTUAL MESSAGE BOAD FARM THEIR TACT FAILS. LOOK AT ME! SERIOUS INTERNET BUSINESS!

Thank you, lbe (often a reasonable voice). She thinks it's a good campaign. I disagree. BDZ, you, however, are right. I TAKE MEXICAM CUISINE SERIOUSLY (if you can't read my sly smile in my post I can't help you). Rolling to hole in the wall joints in SoCal to eat mexi-breakfasts was the jam when I was in HS. Sell the food, TB, and you will win. Just say, biscuits suck. Mexican cheesy breakfast rules (fuck cheese, but I digress).

In sum, I hate the campaign. Pro America. Pro ads. Think they could have done so much better, and I'd bet my big nut that this rollout fails.

Man, you're really serious about this.

Taco Bell isn't serving real Mexican food for breakfast. Most Americans don't want real Mexican food, and their tastes in breakfast food are especially bland and conservative. And all their normal commercials are like, "WHOA LOOK MELTY CHEESY MEXICAN FOOD," so that's tired.

They focused on McDonald's because they're going to war with McDonald's in the fast-food breakfast space. McDonald's is treating this as such a threat that they're giving away free coffee in the mornings to every customer for two weeks.

New Buick compaign is the worst. Basically admitting their cars sucked before.

Completely disagree.

It's a great campaign because their cars did suck before and they're shedding that image of a Buick only being something your grandmother drives.

It worked for Dominos.

My folks had two Buicks in the 80's (why???). My grandmother had a 1990's LeSabre. They were shop queens and just awful cars. Buick was being carried by sales in China, where it is considered a luxury brand, but GM's China sales are starting to drop as Ford gets its shit together over there and the Chinese create a competent domestic auto industry. So they are shifting the focus back home, where the Buick name still sucks (why did they drop Pontiac again? Those were my favorite rental cars.)

Ford did this. Remember the "Have you driven a Ford....lately? 'Cause you don't know what you're missing blah blah" jingle. If I remember correctly it worked out well for them.

Back