• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My Take As We Enter Year Four

Being a Deacon fan is not a reason to stop drinking, it's a reason to start.

That's the spirit of 76, baby. Lots a celebrating this sophomore class...a round for everybody!!

Year One:
Dear diary. It appears we have crashed. Though some had misgivings at the outset, Mission Control proceeded with launch undaunted. Now we are here in this dark hour. Many are distraught, though others are confident rescue will be quick. Our course was known and surely there was foresight to create backup plans.

Year Two:
Dear diary. We are not sure Mission Control is aware of our situation. No rescue has come. Perhaps they miscalculated the timetable for our return. Truly, this is our darkest hour. Nevertheless, the end of our despair must be nigh. Mission Control has never failed us before.

Year Three:
Dear diary. Dire conditions have forced us to cannibalize ourselves. This is surely our darkest hour. The few of us left wonder if some sort of accident befell Mission Control. We have constructed progressively more elaborate signal flares in the hopes that the larger world might notice our distress.

Year Four:
Dear diary. Our grief has turned from anger to despair to sad acceptance of our situation, here in our darkest hour. The radio briefly caught a beacon signal from Mission Control, but it was just the all-clear on repeat. Consensus seems to be our stated mission never really existed and we are a part of some sadistic psychosocial experiment. Regardless, the contraints of humanity cannot possibly permit another year of this.

I think Battle is a solid assistant and Nix is in a position for which he is extremely over-qualified. Other than those two, I think the rest of the staff is well below average.

This. Other than Battle, our other assistants don't have 5 years of experience combined. Rusty at this point seems pretty meh and Chill has potential, but that's all it is at this point. I disagree that he's not qualified to be there - K has followed this approach for years just fine - but in order for him to grow as a coach he needs to have more coaching ability and experience around him. I don't see where he is going to get that other than from Battle.

K has followed that approach with players he coached with a very strong track record of success.

K is a 4-time national champion. I think personality of a funeral home parlor is my favorite way someone has described Bz.

I think personality of a funeral home parlor is my favorite way someone has described Bz.
Qa7Cj44467.jpg

Year One:
Dear diary. It appears we have crashed. Though some had misgivings at the outset, Mission Control proceeded with launch undaunted. Now we are here in this dark hour. Many are distraught, though others are confident rescue will be quick. Our course was known and surely there was foresight to create backup plans.

Year Two:
Dear diary. We are not sure Mission Control is aware of our situation. No rescue has come. Perhaps they miscalculated the timetable for our return. Truly, this is our darkest hour. Nevertheless, the end of our despair must be nigh. Mission Control has never failed us before.

Year Three:
Dear diary. Dire conditions have forced us to cannibalize ourselves. This is surely our darkest hour. The few of us left wonder if some sort of accident befell Mission Control. We have constructed progressively more elaborate signal flares in the hopes that the larger world might notice our distress.

Year Four:
Dear diary. Our grief has turned from anger to despair to sad acceptance of our situation, here in our darkest hour. The radio briefly caught a beacon signal from Mission Control, but it was just the all-clear on repeat. Consensus seems to be our stated mission never really existed and we are a part of some sadistic psychosocial experiment. Regardless, the contraints of humanity cannot possibly permit another year of this.

Amazing.

Year One:

Year Two:

Year Three:

Year Four:

Post of the year...holy cow. Totally redeemed yourself for that awful OBGYN pic (yes for those of you not on Tunnels...don't go over to the ACA thread unless you want to vomit for a few hours). Will posrep once I spread enough around. Absolutely Brilliant.

'I continue to be truly astounded that a number of blind loyalists continue to support the Wellman/[Redacted] team.'

wrangor, my friend, I do have to disagree with you there. I feel like I have a pretty good feel for the inner circle of our fan base. There are very, very few who support [Redacted]/wellman now. we are rooting for wf because that is what we do but our support should not be construed as anything but that. I am very excited personally about the young talent we have out there right now but I am also very suspicious that bz will figure out a way to screw it up. hope not, but believe otherwise.

'I continue to be truly astounded that a number of blind loyalists continue to support the Wellman/[Redacted] team.'

wrangor, my friend, I do have to disagree with you there. I feel like I have a pretty good feel for the inner circle of our fan base. There are very, very few who support [Redacted]/wellman now. we are rooting for wf because that is what we do but our support should not be construed as anything but that. I am very excited personally about the young talent we have out there right now but I am also very suspicious that bz will figure out a way to screw it up. hope not, but believe otherwise.

Then you know where the true inner circle has been this week leading up to tomorrow evening's game. Correct?

probably mostly at the Strickland funeral. I hated to miss it as I was in court.

Our talent level isn't that great unless you want to be a middling ACC squad with a veteran team.

Then who is keeping Wellman in power?

i'm ready to compare resumes jerk wad

Interesting and very emotional comment from an attorney. I see no reason to compare resumes when I'm not the one who professes to know all things related to the "inner circle".

So, let's try this again, counselor. WHERE are many in the inner circle this week leading up to the Citadel game? And, please, let's leave emotions out of this.

Let's try this, meet me next Thursday before the ku game in the Bahamas and we'll discuss who the real fans are.

Back