• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My take on whatever

That's so stupid. What would happen if he didn't start him? Think Thompson would sue for breach of contract? Would leave the team and go to Villanova or Virginia? I seriously doubt that Manning promised a guy that didn't even start for Marshall that he would start "every game". Now, is there a more rational reason for why Thompson keeps starting? Not really. The guy has the skills of a walk-on.

Who knows? Nothing else makes sense. It would speak well of Manning's integrity in that he honors the promise. But no coach should ever promise starts.

That's so stupid. What would happen if he didn't start him? Think Thompson would sue for breach of contract? Would leave the team and go to Villanova or Virginia? I seriously doubt that Manning promised a guy that didn't even start for Marshall that he would start "every game". Now, is there a more rational reason for why Thompson keeps starting? Not really. The guy has the skills of a walk-on.

It's pretty much a moot point now, isn't it?

Good article Dan. If only WFU would listen. Starting to hear more of this from sources other than the lunatic fringe on this board...

Roy has Steve Robinson and K has Jeff Capel. These assistants have 2 headcoaching gigs and 3 NCAA tournament appearances, each. There's no shame in having experience on the sidelines.

Back