• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

N&O 2012 ACC Football Predictions

Not a BAD prediction for us necessarily. It can clearly go several ways for us. We will definitely win 5, probably 6. We have a great shot at picking a couple of the better conference games off as well, and it'd be nice to beat Clemson...

This is the same thing EVERY years. FSU is going to win followed closely by Clemson. State will be a dark horse in this race and then the 3 bottom feeders Wake, BC and Maryland...this story line is tired and run every year.

2013 will be FSU to win it all and be a NC team, followed by Clemson. State will be a dark horse in the race and with the introduction of Pitt at the #4 spot will move Wake, BC and Maryland as interchangeable parts at the bottom.

Sorry but I get annoyed at reading the same thin EVERY freaking year...

Want to add that post expansion the Atlantic Division has had 4 of 6 different winners (with the other 2 always being very close, 1 close win away from being the champions) while Coastal has only had 2. The Atlantic is a lot more unpredictable and balanced than it is ever given credit for.

Want to add that post expansion the Atlantic Division has had 4 of 6 different winners (with the other 2 always being very close, 1 close win away from being the champions) while Coastal has only had 2. The Atlantic is a lot more unpredictable and balanced than it is ever given credit for.

Wake, BC, MD, Clemson, AND FSU have all won the division, right? Wake and Clemson have went on to win it all. FSU hasn't yet though. Have they?

This is the same thing EVERY years. FSU is going to win followed closely by Clemson. State will be a dark horse in this race and then the 3 bottom feeders Wake, BC and Maryland...this story line is tired and run every year.

Ha this is so true. Except for Clemson always being second, pretty sure we were projected mid pack preseason last year.

It's tough though, I fall into the same trap with FSU. I look at who they return and their recruiting class and agree they will win the ACC or at least the Atlantic, and then they disappoint. They are basically Texas jr. Or even UGA jr. Repeated top 5 recruiting with little to show for it.....

Wake, BC, MD, Clemson, AND FSU have all won the division, right? Wake and Clemson have went on to win it all. FSU hasn't yet though. Have they?

Maryland has yet to win post expansion and yes, FSU has won the conference post expansion beating VT the first year.

State and Wake both have a lot of questions due to replacing departed starters.

Wake lost most of the O-line and their big play receiver.

State lost all of their LBers, a DT, their big play receiver, and the big TE.

Both teams have exceptional QBs returning. I think NCSU has a slightly better team, but I won't discount what Coach Grobe can do. Scheduling will have a lot to do with it. WFU was better than their record last year (due to a very tough OOC schedule), whereas NCSU wasn't quite as good as their record (due to a relatively easy OOC schedule).

2013 will be FSU to win it all and be a NC team, followed by Clemson. State will be a dark horse in the race and with the introduction of Pitt at the #4 spot will move Wake, BC and Maryland as interchangeable parts at the bottom.

Sometimes they get saucy and pick one of the bottom 3 to finish 3rd, but other than that, pretty much.

I can get there on some of this, but it is also up to the rest of the teams to change that order. I think many folks, myself included, will agree with what JP had to say. Until the other teams start pulling in the monster recruiting classes that FSU and Clemson do, the order is not going to change much. Ya'll were the noticeable exception when you won it all. I do think that 9-3 is not going to happen with us. TOB has too many WTF games for that to be a realistic goal.

And for the poster who slammed JP, what gives? I think he does the best job of anybody at the N&O. Hell, he was the ONLY guy asking hard questions at Holden's pressers back when the shit was hitting the fan.

I can get there on some of this, order. I think many folks, myself included, will agree with what JP had to say. Until the other teams start pulling in the monster recruiting classes that FSU and Clemson do, the order is not going to change much. Ya'll were the noticeable exception when you won it all. I do think that 9-3 is not going to happen with us. TOB has too many WTF games for that to be a realistic goal.

And for the poster who slammed JP, what gives? I think he does the best job of anybody at the N&O. Hell, he was the ONLY guy asking hard questions at Holden's pressers back when the shit was hitting the fan.

FSU twice - 05, 10
Clemson twice - 09, 11
BC twice - 07, 08
Wake once - 06

I think 4 different winners in 7 years is pretty diverse...

Actually it is just 2 different as FSU and Clemson are the ones we are talking about only being picked. BC is so far off of the track now. One really big class would put y'all back into the equation. But given where the ACC is now, his picks are accurate. I wish they were not.

Actually it is just 2 different as FSU and Clemson are the ones we are talking about only being picked. BC is so far off of the track now. One really big class would put y'all back into the equation. But given where the ACC is now, his picks are accurate. I wish they were not.

Wake is never going to have a superstar or big class. Hell, Wake, despite having the orange bowl run, going back to a bowl this past season, and having fairly nice facilities, still continues to trail Duke in recruiting.

I can get there on some of this, but it is also up to the rest of the teams to change that order. I think many folks, myself included, will agree with what JP had to say. Until the other teams start pulling in the monster recruiting classes that FSU and Clemson do, the order is not going to change much. Ya'll were the noticeable exception when you won it all. I do think that 9-3 is not going to happen with us. TOB has too many WTF games for that to be a realistic goal.

I think most on here would agree that JP Giglio is a pretty terrible journalist. However, old Carlton would have likely picked State to win the BCS a la the Rivers years.

Wake is never going to have a superstar or big class. Hell, Wake, despite having the orange bowl run, going back to a bowl this past season, and having fairly nice facilities, still continues to trail Duke in recruiting.

Recruiting rankings are very misleading. Wake had 4 players drafted last weekend, Duke had none I believe.

Back