• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

N&O 2012 ACC Football Predictions

Recruiting rankings are very misleading. Wake had 4 players drafted last weekend, Duke had none I believe.

Which has everything to do with Grobe being a mother fucking bad ass.

Still, WFU and Duke have went head to head for players and WFU lost. Look at Jela Duncan as an example.

A 4-man battle for the #2 WR spot isn't necessarily a good thing.

Even though I actually disagree with you, that's not what I said :p

I think a 4-man battle leaves more room for someone to really step up and come out strong as a young player. I think its interesting that Willis isn't developing... He is probably the fastest guy on the team. I'd love to see Sherman Ragland play. Chris was hyped him a bit.

We'd have room for somebody to step up regardless. As it is, we've got Camp and several question marks and that doesn't even get into some of Camp's weaknesses which would be much worse if we didn't have Givens opposite him. Camp is a good #2 WR. I'm not sure how he'll do as a #1.

Our offense has a ton of questions right now at every position except QB. Lots of new faces at OL, TE, and WR. Harris needs to get it together and Reynolds needs to show more.

Thats ok, we get them back on the gridiron.

Yeah but imagine what grobe could do with the recruits he lost out on this past year like Jela and Quinshad. No reason to think that a couple of 4 star recruits wouldn't make WF consistently in the top half of the conference.

We'd have room for somebody to step up regardless. As it is, we've got Camp and several question marks and that doesn't even get into some of Camp's weaknesses which would be much worse if we didn't have Givens opposite him. Camp is a good #2 WR. I'm not sure how he'll do as a #1.

Our offense has a ton of questions right now at every position except QB. Lots of new faces at OL, TE, and WR. Harris needs to get it together and Reynolds needs to show more.

I thinks thats why you keep hearing Grobe stressing the short passing game. It takes great talent at the receiver position to throw it deep like we did last year. The short passing game is better suited to a collection of just ok receivers.

I see Camp doing what Boldin did in 2008/2009? and catching everything over the middle and some passes in the flat. He isn't as physical as Boldin but runs better routes and has better hands. Use the other guys to stretch the field and open things up for him to work underneath.

Flying under the radar is Matt James. I think he could be a solid option this year.

Recruiting rankings are very misleading. Wake had 4 players drafted last weekend, Duke had none I believe.

How does this happen every single year? Every year Duke's recruiting class is rated ahead of ours, every year we have a better team, every year we beat them, every year we have better individual players and every year we have more players drafted. The raters simply do not learn?

I thinks thats why you keep hearing Grobe stressing the short passing game. It takes great talent at the receiver position to throw it deep like we did last year. The short passing game is better suited to a collection of just ok receivers.

The problem with our short passing game for years is that it gives the defense a short field. The safeties can play up. We've got to stretch out the field.

The problem with our short passing game for years is that it gives the defense a short field. The safeties can play up. We've got to stretch out the field.

It all starts with being able to run the football. If WF has the OL (obviously a ?) and Harris gets his act together they have the talent at WR to have a vertical as well as a short controlled passing game.

How does this happen every single year? Every year Duke's recruiting class is rated ahead of ours, every year we have a better team, every year we beat them, every year we have better individual players and every year we have more players drafted. The raters simply do not learn?

Duke signs guys we offered, not the other way around. So the inference is that even Wake coaches would agree that overall a number of their recruits are better than ours, otherwise we would not have offered in the first place. OTOH, what that does indicate is that Wake can take what in many cases are our 2nd options and make them into better players than our first options who sign elsewhere turn put to be. But agree with other posters who say as competitive as we are with the guys we sign, imagine what we could do with the guys who end up signing with Duke, Stanford, Vandy, UNC, etc. that we seem to lose at the last minute.

Back