• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

N&O: In Year 3, it’s time for [Redacted]’s Deacons to take the next step

We KNOW what we have this year in football: a shit product that's getting worse every week.

Basketball hasn't even started and you nimrods are calling the season a bust. Give the team the OOC schedule before you condemn them and throw them under the fucking bus. And lest we not forget, Bzz isn't making 2.3 million a year for the spray shit he's been taking on the court. On a per game basis, he is a bargain compared to Grobie.

Finally figured it out: OldGoldandGrobe is Mrs. [Redacted], bet he's a real stud in the sack there Mrs. B.

Anybody who bashes a football coach that took Wake to the Orange Bowl and apologizes for a basketball coach that has won 5 ACC games in two years and has the personality of a piece of white toast HAS to be a troll from another school.

These are the ramblings of a proud cubicle chair shitter.

Anybody who bashes a football coach that took Wake to the Orange Bowl and apologizes for a basketball coach that has won 5 ACC games in two years and has the personality of a piece of white toast HAS to be a troll from another school.

I doubt that all of the people who agree with him are cubicle chair shitters. I'm a college student, so you're 0/1 already.

Oh, he's much worse than 0/1 at least 0/10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 by now.

le bone, I know you said you're probably not making any bets this year but how many games do you think we're gonna win and what's the minimum number we need to win for you to be happy?

I think 18. I was unhappy last year because we should have won 15.

But wins aside, I want to enjoy watching the games. That means talent, athleticism, improvement, teamwork, defense. All the things everybody wants to see. I enjoyed 5,6 minute stretches last year in probably 5-10 games I guess, but I have been pretty vocal about the guys we played who I didn't think were or would ever be ACC caliber players. They are all gone. I'm not sure Green is an ACC player either, but I like his effort and he plays a position where effort goes a long way. Point guard, you need more than effort.

Being so parochial and self-righteous must be a powerful feeling. Dismissing all opposing opinion as trolling is intellectually weak and beneath a Wake grad. I sense that we have some Winston-born, WalMart Wake fans (probably App grads) among us.

Being so parochial and self-righteous must be a powerful feeling. Dismissing all opposing opinion as trolling is intellectually weak and beneath a Wake grad. I sense that we have some Winston-born, WalMart Wake fans (probably App grads) among us.

The hypocrisy in this post of 3 sentences is so unintentionally funny.

I like what this guy is selling!

With all the discussion of the Chiefs fans booing when Matt Cassel got injured, what would the reaction from Wake fans be if something bad happened to [Redacted]? Has anyone ever put a Buddy Ryan / Luis Zendejas bounty on a coach before, especially the coach of their own team?

With all the discussion of the Chiefs fans booing when Matt Cassel got injured, what would the reaction from Wake fans be if something bad happened to [Redacted]? Has anyone ever put a Buddy Ryan / Luis Zendejas bounty on a coach before, especially the coach of their own team?

We certainly would know about something bad happening to our basketball coach...:(

Don't get me wrong, [Redacted] sucks, but we haven't even seen year three yet. Not even St. Grobie began his career with an Orange Bowl Moral Victory.

He is obviously not real, if you weren't a really shitty parody or a troll you wouldn't hide behind a proxy server. That pretty much right there ends it in your defense of anyone should take you seriously.

Very bright line- under 18 wins=getting fired no questions asked- it should be the morning after the season-no waiting like we did after Dino...

"The next step" . . .

The next step where, off the plank?

To the next step!

images

Buzz was brought in to clean house. We had some serious problems and it was handled internally. We will be decent this year and then we will bring in a dynamic guy ghat can retrun us to where we want to be.

Buzz was brought in to clean house. We had some serious problems and it was handled internally. We will be decent this year and then we will bring in a dynamic guy ghat can retrun us to where we want to be.

Man, you've really guzzled that kool aid.

"This was not a snap decision. It was not a snap judgment," said Wellman, who served on the NCAA Division I men's basketball committee this season and was in Indianapolis earlier this week for the Final Four.

"This was not a decision based upon a one-year performance," he added. "We can put up with a disappointment. We have disappointments all the time. But there is a pattern here that needed to be addressed, a 3-year pattern that needed to be addressed."

"The decision was based on the overall performance the past three years," Wellman said. "I looked at our February and March records and how the performances declined rather dramatically. We were 16-17 in February in those three years and in March 4-7, and 1-6 in postseason play, including the ACC tournament. In six of those losses, we were the higher-seeded team or better seeded in five of those losses. Yet the games weren't even close."

Wellman went on to say how much Gaudio handled the academic side of Wake Forest and that he was a fine representative of the university.

Back