• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

N&O: More Excuses and Bull from Ron

"There is good reason to be excited about this year as many of our teams should contend for ACC and national honors. Most of our teams return a good nucleus of veterans and they will be joined by an outstanding incoming class of recruits." -Ron Wellman

From the most recent message to the Deacon Club. I'll believe it when I see it, but I won't hold my breath.

Has this "recent message" been posted in it's entirety? If so, could you provide a link? If not, would you post it?

------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by CumberlandDeac

"There is good reason to be excited about this year as many of our teams should contend for ACC and national honors. Most of our teams return a good nucleus of veterans and they will be joined by an outstanding incoming class of recruits." -Ron Wellman

From the most recent message to the Deacon Club. I'll believe it when I see it, but I won't hold my breath.
more importantly why is that something to be excited about? contending for acc titles should be the norm in most of our sports.

------------------------------------------------------------

more importantly why is that something to be excited about? contending for acc titles should be the norm in most of our sports.

Your post illustrates a key point. Wellman did not say "titles," he said "honors." That could mean all-academic teams for all we know. Sly.

Yep. We don't compete for titles anymore.

That is the truth. And we may not even attain any honors, just compete for them.

Very true.

I get this sinking feeling that Hatch and Wellman's end game this whole time was to get into that ACC Grant of Rights to get our share of the pie before we just stop trying to be competitive in athletics all together. There certainly isn't much evidence to the contrary.

RW said he would be out 60 days, but his primary job would not be neglected. What has been his excuse for the past three years?

His hiring skills has been his problem all along. Then of course there is his lack of skill in keeping the successful coaches who are doing well & not having to replace them just because of ego--see Dave Odom & George Greer & their 5 ACC titles he let go. GG was let go 2 seasons removed and only one of them losing from an ACC title remember. GDO was rebuilding and had on the roster Dawson, Howard, Songalia and was bringing in Levy, Danielius & Downey.

I dont think Wellman ever worries

Christmas with the grand kids at the beach house. Ron's biggest stressor of the year is one of the pure bred dogs gets sick and they have to run out to the emergency vet on Christmas Eve. Whew tough life.

Apologies if this is Haased from some other thread, but here's an interview with Wellman about the conference and expansion:

Grobe has one too

Anytime Ron speaks, I just wanna puke. Spewing utter bullshit to the nth degree.

Anytime Ron speaks, I just wanna puke. Spewing utter bullshit to the nth degree.

Having watched that video and using highly sophisticated behavioral analysis, I've detected a pattern in Ron's communication which tips me off as to when he's lying. Anyone else notice this?

His lips move.

Reactions: TBR
Back