• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"name redacted"

Ha. [name redacted] doesn't appear now if you aren't using the OG Boards custom style sheet.

My apologies Admins.

This morning, the Washington Post published a story about Xavier Silas, who is vying for a roster spot on the Washington Wizards. This excerpt provided another example of what a douche [name redacted] was and what a poor evaluator of talent as Silas has played in the NBA, and finished in the top 10 in the nation in scoring after being forced to transfer from Colorado:

Silas earned a scholarship to play at Colorado. He averaged 12 points per game as a freshman under Coach Ricardo Patton, but Patton was fired after the Buffaloes finished 7-20 and Silas’s playing time during his sophomore year dipped under replacement [name redacted].

Then, without warning, [name redacted] released Silas from the basketball team and didn’t provide a reason for the dismissal publicly. A flabbergasted Silas published his own press release to emphasize that the decision was not a disciplinary measure and to show his desire to continue playing basketball.

I read that this morning and just shook my head.

The red flags were there, waving for everyone to see.

How did Wellman not know that story (or ignore it)?

What makes you think he didn't know of it? Knowing =/= caring.

I have talked with writers in Colorado about Wake's hiring Bzdel!k. Not a single one understood it. Not a single one called it a good move. Not one believed good things were coming. A list of basketball/sports personalities and their thoughts on the hire made rounds here for some time. I recall Jay Bilas being very vocal about his confidence in Bzdel!k being great. I'd love to see what all of those dickheads have to say now. Not that they'd admit it publicly but they know those accolades were just fuckall wrong.

Back