• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Name Your Favorite TV Show

Tough cause the OP named the top 3 GOAT.

I guess I'll say Arrested Development.

Only shows currently out that have all-timer potential are Fargo and, oddly enough, Bojack Horseman imho.

agreed on this

I don't think I'd list it as my favorite, but I enjoyed Lost as much as any show since. It's just a shame they cancelled it after 4 seasons.

Last edited:
Northern Exposure, West Wing.

Currently it's Designated Survivor and Dr. Fleischman from Northern Exposure has a small part.

Last edited:
Comedy: Seinfeld
Drama: The first four seasons of Mad Men

what is it that people continue to enjoy about Mad Men? obviously a great show but you find it rewatchable or just hold it in high regard

what is it that people continue to enjoy about Mad Men? obviously a great show but you find it rewatchable or just hold it in high regard

The second. I've never rewatched individual episodes; if I was to rewatch it'd have to be sequential.

If we are picking shows based on re-watchability then long running comedies have the advantage:

It's Always Sunny
South Park
Family Guy
30 Rock
Arrested Development

If we are picking shows just based on how much we liked them the first time:

True Detective S1
Fargo
Twin Peaks
GOT
Nathan For You

I've definitely rewatched episodes. There's so much nuance in the first few seasons, so many things that you miss when you watch the first time, it's almost better to watch it again. There are particular episodes that stand out: the S1 finale ("The Carousel"), the episodes in S2 when Don is in California, any episode in S3 that involves Don and Duck fighting, the lawnmower ep in S3, etc.

Barney Miller

Even the last episode is GOAT

I'll also admit I probably enjoyed Stranger Things more than anything I've watched in a half a decade or so.

My favorite is probably Arrested or The West Wing.

Thinking about this more today. Sticking with these two all-time. Would like to add Doctor Who as a currently running show that I enjoy and look forward to the most.

Nathan For You, Curb, GoT. Loved Lost too even with all of its warts.

80's-Cheers
90's- X Files
2000's- Lost
2010's- Breaking Bad (oops, I wasn't supposed to say that but it is just so freaking fantastic)

Back