• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Name Your Favorite TV Show

i stink at watching tv, have only made it all the way through a handful of shows in my life without giving up in the middle.

would order them:

1. band of brothers (if it counts)
2. friday night lights
3. [breaking bad]
4. arrested development
5. the oc
6. lost

Cheers. I've watched all episodes, in order, at least 4 times.

Cheers

Aside from the 3 listed in the original post, I'd also mention: X-Files, Lost, Deadwood, True Detective S1, Seinfeld, Arrested Development, Family Guy, Friday Night Lights, Band of Brothers, It's Garry Shandling's Show, Dallas, Saved by the Bell, Fun House

Band of Brothers is a great one. That replaces Arrested for me.

My current favorites include Blacklist, Death in Paradise (British-can see on PBS), Ray Donovan

The only shows I'm watching live these days are: Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley (surprised this hasn't made anyone's comedy list), and Better Call Saul. The rest, I'll see them when I see them; so I think that's a distinguishing metric that helps filter out my favorites. Game of Thrones has to be tops on that list though. No way would I miss watching that live.

Cheers. Still holds up. Loved it as a kid, love it on Netflix. Now my kids know all the characters and yell "NORM!" when he walks in. It's cool.

Modern day...I don't watch anything on the traditional networks. Loved True Detective Season One and Narcos, enjoyed Mad Men. Need something new. Really tried to get into Westworld but lost interest.

Last edited:
Band of Brothers is a great one. That replaces Arrested for me.

so, so good... not sure it's something I'd want to mindlessly put on in the background, though (which is part of what I appreciate about things like Good Eats, Chopped, seinfeld, etc.).

I also dont understand all the Mad Men love, especially from dudes. I tried a few times with that show and thought it was boring AF. I think had it been HBO where they could have ratcheted up the cursing/nudity/violence i.e. things that keep my attention, I mighta gotten on board.

Band of Brothers
The Pacific
Original 24
Prison Break
The Newsroom

I also dont understand all the Mad Men love, especially from dudes. I tried a few times with that show and thought it was boring AF. I think had it been HBO where they could have ratcheted up the cursing/nudity/violence i.e. things that keep my attention, I mighta gotten on board.

Agree with this. Gave it about 6-7 episodes and wasn't digging it. I brought this up with people who really liked it and and one told me "oh it gets really good by season 3" If I have to trudge through 2 seasons of boring before it gets good, your show isn't an all time great

I disagree with that. I think you know almost immediately if you'll like Mad Men. I thought it was excellent but it's one of the shows where I completely understand people finding it slow/boring. You either like being around the characters/setting or you don't.

The Office
The Venture Brothers
Robot Chicken
Poirot

Back