• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Napa

Didn't go to Outpost but their Zin is awesome.

We must have tasted 25 wines including a bunch of barrel tastings in the cellar. They do all kinds of small lot stuff for rich and famous people who want to dabble in winemaking. I can't remember the names now. Idiot GF at the time refused to spit because she was worried she would dribble or make a mess (we were spitting into floor drains in cellar) was hammered by the end. Palate blowout but fun as hell.

Not to hijack the thread, but similar question.

I'll be in Healdsburg, CA (Sonoma) for a week in June at a conference and am planning to take at least a full day, up to 2, doing some winery tours. Any experience with an outfit that provides transportation to different wineries for tastings? Don't want to rent a car, nor do I want to be required to limit my consumption to be able to drive a car.

So figured I'd report back. Had a one-day tour with Platypus Tours and it was nice, would recommend them. We did 4 wineries in the Dry Creek Valley- Hawley, Sbraggia, Amista, and Moniclair. All fairly small production, but good stuff. Lots of good Cabs and Zin, Moniclair had some nice Petite Sirah (a personal fav). They also had airline shippers (essentially a regular box with styrofoam inserts) and I was able to get a case back via Delta with a layover and had no broken bottles ftw!

After two years of being here (in the bay area) and 10+ visits to Napa - here are few of my recommendations for good wine

St. Supery - try their sav blanc
Salvestrin
Frogs Leap
Cakebread

Many trips to Sonoma? Favorites?

Back