• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Napa

I'd say beer snobs are worse, just because you expect wine snobs to be what they are.

Going back to Napa this weekend - glorious weather 68 and sunny.

Any suggestions for off the beaten path wineries in Napa (not Sonoma, Rutherford, other regions)?

Any suggestions for off the beaten path wineries in Napa (not Sonoma, Rutherford, other regions)?

On the beaten path but Darioush is a really cool place - looks like the taj mahal. And if you can get into Elyse, I would highly recommend it.

Obrien Estate. Boutique winery with fairly small production but unbelievable wine. For the tasting/tour, you will most likely have a private tour and sit in the middle of the vineyard and drink multiple glasses of awesome wine. One of our favorite wineries from our visit in November.

Also go to Hall Rutherford. Yeah, it's in Rutherford and not actually Napa but it's not that far and it's worth the trip. Great wine and beautiful winery with a really cool cave.

Are wine snobs worse than beer snobs?

of course they are. wine drinkers are bigger douches than beer drinkers, then you add the pretentious shit (that we've seen from moon on this thread) that only confirms it.

actually, i recall moon telling the board that he "can only drink belgians" when talking about beer, so maybe it's just moon

Not to hijack the thread, but similar question.

I'll be in Healdsburg, CA (Sonoma) for a week in June at a conference and am planning to take at least a full day, up to 2, doing some winery tours. Any experience with an outfit that provides transportation to different wineries for tastings? Don't want to rent a car, nor do I want to be required to limit my consumption to be able to drive a car.

You can't hijack a thread that has been dead for a year. Those limo services are great - by all means go for it.

Not to hijack the thread, but similar question.

I'll be in Healdsburg, CA (Sonoma) for a week in June at a conference and am planning to take at least a full day, up to 2, doing some winery tours. Any experience with an outfit that provides transportation to different wineries for tastings? Don't want to rent a car, nor do I want to be required to limit my consumption to be able to drive a car.

They have Groupon/Livingsocial deals for those limos all the time. Just keep tabs on the Bay Area versions of those sites. There will definitely be a few before June rolls around.

Based on a recommendation from norcaldeac, my wife and I stayed at the Wine Country Inn in St. Helena. We had a great stay for a couple of nights. Their wine excursions were much better than 15-20 people in a van going to major vineyards.

Did you stay in Napa or Sonoma?

Napa. Hotel Yountville. Would highly recommend Yountville. French Laundry, Bouchon, Bottega plus about 10 more unbelievable restaurants all within walking distance. Plus, you are pretty much right in the middle of Napa.

think we may head to napa or sonoma the weekend after next. not sure though.

Back