• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nashville recommendations

redwing42

Reaction score
I did a quick search but couldn't find any old threads about this. My family and I are heading to Nashville for a week so that my daughter can attend the Predators goalie camp. Does anyone have any recommendations for what we should do while we are there? Particularly lunch/daytime options, as my wife and I will have plenty of time to kill during the day. Thanks.

You have to check out the Gaylord Opryland if you've never been.

Acme Feed and Seed is awesome at night, but I don't know if they do music during the day.

Don't stay at Opryland. There's a perfectly good Radisson across the street.

i live in Nashville and can help.

PM me specifics and I should be able to give you a few things to do.

You have to check out the Gaylord Opryland if you've never been.

Acme Feed and Seed is awesome at night, but I don't know if they do music during the day.

you said gaylord

For kids stuff, do Centennial Park - the parthenon is neat, and they have paddle boats and stuff, it's fun to walk around as long as it isn't a million degrees. Theyve launched a bunch of bus tours in the last few years, if you want like a country music history lesson and to see the old music venues like the Ryman and whatever. Fort Nashborough is lame, skip that. I don't remember much else - maybe the wave pool if its still there, it can be fun for a few hours. There are a ton of civil war mansions and historic sites if you are a history buff.

Personally, I would stay in downtown and just drive out to opryland hotel, no need to stay there - walking around downtown is pretty decent now, lots of restaurants/music stuff.

Hattie B's Hot Chicken
The Pharmacy (Bier Garden setup with excellent burgers)
Nashville Biscuit House

Good recs. Pancake Pantry is better than Biscuit House, except that you have to deal with all the Vandy kids.

Biscuit Love is all the rage these days, but you had better be prepared to wait AT LEAST an hour no matter what time you show up. It's absurd.

I also had a great time at Skull's Rainbow Room, but the kid probably wouldn't enjoy it. Especially if you stay for the burlesque.

i live in Nashville and can help.

PM me specifics and I should be able to give you a few things to do.

kid stuff:
ryman tour
adventrure science center
parthenon
nashville zoo
cheekwood gardens
frist art gallery
country music hall of fame (has a john waxman taco store that is supposed to be good)
nashville sounds AAA baseball

also,

broadway (the nashville strip) has music all day long and it is free to get in and kids are allowed until 7pm. tootie's is a historic bar that the likes of Cash, Nelson, etc.. used to sneak out of the ryman during intermissions to drink there. you can still see celebrities there at times.
depending on when you come, there are some sort of festivals/events all the time.
the hermitage - andrew jackson's (president) home is near nashville but a little drive
gaylord opryland is somewhat interesting, convention center but be ready to spend some $.

food wise is dependent on your taste

pharmacy burger, hatty Bs and pancake pantry...meh, food is ok but have to wait a long time. i would not recommend any of them, too many better options.
ambiance is good in pharmacy but go at off times (2:30-4pm). if you can't get into pharmacy (very long waits) we usually walk across the street to mas tacos. i prefer mas tacos anyway.

the gultch has really hot restaurants, and worth a look. parking sucks. there is this bluegrass bar called the station inn that on sunday's is open mic and a lot of local musicians go an play. worth the time.

warak

Prince's Hot Chicken Shack

This is a great recommendation.

My recommendation would be bartaco. Try the pork belly and duck tacos. You will not be disappointed.

If you've never been, be aware that Nashville is mostly famous for country music so there is A LOT of that crap going on. Very twangy. Recently they got super bandwagon on the triple A hockey team, the Nashville Predator Fellas, which won the trophy and was even on tv due to the large crowds. PGA Tour golfer and Vanderbilt graduate Brandt Snedicker is also from Nashville, and their most famous native son. Mention him and the locals will talk off your ears. They also love Keith Urban who is from Australia but now lives there because they love him so much.

Last edited:
The Country Music HOF is very well done. Elvis's Cadillac and gold grand piano are standout attractions.

Back