• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nashville recommendations

Nashville Zoo is good, especially with the kids.

As far as food, I'll throw in a rec for Rotier's. Nothing exotic, just a really good burger on french bread.

Thanks for the help, everyone. We'll see what we will have time for during the week, but we are planning on the zoo, and went by the Parthenon today. We did go by a restaurant no one had mentioned called The Stillery. Very good, and a pretty reasonable bill as well. Cheese and charcuterie board was top notch and hot chicken Mac and cheese was good also.

Thanks for the help, everyone. We'll see what we will have time for during the week, but we are planning on the zoo, and went by the Parthenon today. We did go by a restaurant no one had mentioned called The Stillery. Very good, and a pretty reasonable bill as well. Cheese and charcuterie board was top notch and hot chicken Mac and cheese was good also.

Ooh, I went to the Stillery when I was there. Very good! I'd forgotten I'd been, since it was early in the trip. I had the hot chicken sandwich.

What do people think of the Optimist for a nice dinner out in Nashville? Celebrating my wife's birthday in Nashville in June...

I’m glad to see Acme Feed and Seed got a recommendation on this thread, but disappointed not to see any mention of Martin’s BBQ.

Second the recommendation of Skulls, especially for Sunday brunch. Ryman tour is a must.

Last trip, we couldn’t get a Skull’s reservation, so we went to their sister restaurant, House of Cards, a magic themed restaurant.

It’s a hidden entrance inside the Johnny Cash museum and in-between drinks and your meal, you can take part in sleight of hand close up magic acts around the restaurant.

After your meal, you go to a fun magic show in their small auditorium.

We had a great time there.

What do people think of the Optimist for a nice dinner out in Nashville? Celebrating my wife's birthday in Nashville in June...

I recommend Bourbon Steak on the top floor of the downtown JW Marriott.

We hit it up last fall following the Vandy game on a Sat night.

I recommend Bourbon Steak on the top floor of the downtown JW Marriott.

We hit it up last fall following the Vandy game on a Sat night.
That's the Michael Mina steakhouse and it's fantastic.

Back