• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

National Parks You've Visited

How can Arizona have 6 different national parks? I think we need to have better National and State part distinction.

Cause AZ is huge and mostly empty?

Of those not yet claimed, I've been to Death Valley and Big Bend.

ETA: Add Spring Mountains National Recreation Area (Nevada) and Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest (Nevada).

Last edited:
Glen Canyon National Recreation Area Arizona, Utah
Casa Grande Ruins National Monument Arizona
Chiricahua National Monument Arizona
Montezuma Castle National Monument Arizona
Tonto National Monument Arizona
Tuzigoot National Monument Arizona
Morristown National Historical Park New Jersey

Glen Canyon - Counts
E5435F60-155D-451F-67ECB30A3C240287.jpg

Casa Grande - This is a small house, not a park
20090711193013.jpg

Chiricahua National Monument Arizona - anything that looks like penises should count
Vista__Keith_Compressed.jpg

To me, if anything shouldn't count its Glen Canyon because its man made.

Montezuma Castle National Monument Arizona - Cool as shit

8A278136-1DD8-B71C-0E8965E6B09B27BF.jpg

Tonto National Monument Arizona - Again cool as shit, had no idea anything like these existed in America

E91E11EA-1DD8-B71C-0E28FCC73DD5F4C4.jpg

Tuzigoot National Monument Arizona - Not as cool but I'll allow it

8C7DA900-1DD8-B71C-0EC08D6AB5A55757.jpg

Hit up some of the Texas ones: Big Bend, Piney Thicket Reserve, and Padre Island shores

And you mentioning morristown national park definitely brought back memories I had forgotten. I went there every thanksgiving for christmas, forgot all about the park.

I'm jealous of y'all. I've only been to 5.

One of which is Congaree, which you can knock off your list.

Now that you have the new ride you should road trip to AZ and see some cool shit.

Walnut Canyon was cool with the old-ass homes built into the side of the rock

Tonto National Monument Arizona - Again cool as shit, had no idea anything like these existed in America

E91E11EA-1DD8-B71C-0E28FCC73DD5F4C4.jpg

...how do you make it through any social studies class ever and not know these exist? I mean, I recognize that you may not have physically been to them, but at some point in any of your 16 years of education you never learned about the southwest?

Nothing important ever happened in the southwest except testing nuclear weapons.

So you spend 30 seconds of a 16-year education on Pueblo Indians. No crime in forgetting about it.

...how do you make it through any social studies class ever and not know these exist? I mean, I recognize that you may not have physically been to them, but at some point in any of your 16 years of education you never learned about the southwest?

I was a math genius in high school and now I can't do long division, basic algebra and certainly nothing calculus related. The extent of my calculus knowledge now, after taking it for 2 years I think is something about there being disks involved. I placed out of all math in college, so it's been 14 years since I've had a math class.

I mean now that you mention pueblo indians now I remember them, but I wouldn't have come up with that on my own.

Last edited:
...I still have a hard time buying that.

point to note: I was/am a huge nerd and effing love stuff like that, and watched a lot of discovery channel growing up. It's just hard for me to believe a wake-educated person could not realize that is in the US.

I don't remember much of anything pre-college (drinking) days. When ITK posted "Morristown National Park" I laughed thinking no way there could be a National Park there, since I had been to Morristown 10-15 times. Then when I saw pictures I realized I had been there a few times. Completely forgot.

Also, Wake Educated is debatable. I probably skipped ~40% of my classes.

I don't remember much of anything pre-college (drinking) days. When ITK posted "Morristown National Park" I laughed thinking no way there could be a National Park there, since I had been to Morristown 10-15 times. Then when I saw pictures I realized I had been there a few times. Completely forgot.

Also, Wake Educated is debatable. I probably skipped ~40% of my classes.

And you do mean Morristown not Moorestown right? Always confused me that there were 2 in Jersey. Morristown is way up north from you.

And you do mean Morristown not Moorestown right? Always confused me that there were 2 in Jersey. Morristown is way up north from you.

Yes, my dad lived in Moorestown and my Aunt lived in Morristown.

Back