• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nazi vs Jew Beer Pong: Racist?

Teenagers have always been insensitive little pricks, but getting the police to involved? Yeah, that seems like a waste of resources. Let their parents and teachers deal with it.

I mean, they weren't sandbagging the teams, were they? If the Jews have a chance of winning, then that should be praised as the ultimate underdog story.

Beerfest_2006_1.jpg

Teenagers have always been insensitive little pricks, but getting the police to involved? Yeah, that seems like a waste of resources. Let their parents and teachers deal with it.

Agree.

Stupid by the kids, but no need for law enforcement. Just let school handle it.

It's just dumb kids being dumb kids.

Probably thought it was a funny thing to do and just don't know enough to realize how stupid it was.

Let the school handle what? Why should the school be involved at all?

Regardless of whether you think the student is being a dumb millennial and overly offended, there is clearly a problem with kids thinking this is acceptable behavior.

I would say that is something that parents and teachers should deal with in terms of educating and pointing out what is wrong with doing this.

Regardless of whether you think the student is being a dumb millennial and overly offended, there is clearly a problem with kids thinking this is acceptable behavior.

I would say that is something that parents and teachers should deal with in terms of educating and pointing out what is wrong with doing this.

The teachers' jobs are to teach. Not to play morality police.

Do you want them lecturing kids on the "appropriateness" of having sex or underage drinking too?

The teachers' jobs are to teach. Not to play morality police.

Do you want them lecturing kids on the "appropriateness" of having sex or underage drinking too?

Well this is a different question altogether, but yes, I think if schools taught more social awareness as a whole then students would be better off.

I would say the teachers job is to educate students about the world as a whole.

Well this is a different question altogether, but yes, I think if schools taught more social awareness as a whole then students would be better off.

I would say the teachers job is to educate students about the world as a whole.

Your social awareness and worldview or Wrangor's?

The parents should be the primary ones to teach their kids this is unacceptable behavior...but the school also has a role to play in educating kids about people who come from different cultural backgrounds. Would anyone be upset if, say, the parents and kids spent an evening discussing this with a counselor and history teacher? I'd say that would be a pretty productive way of helping the kids understand why what they did was problematic.

The only problem is that there was underage kids playing beer pong.

this is the truth

Back