• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Opening Night Mafia: civs run shop

RedSoxFaithful

a vicar in a tutu
Reaction score
Welcome to NBA Opening Night! ...Ahem

So, I meant to get this game going yesterday, and not today, and so when I say "opening night", I mean "I wrote a game based on Tuesday night's affairs." So! At various points in the game's flavor text, you will see references to "last night" and "yesterday" that make way more sense if you assume that this is all happening on Wednesday.

With that out of the way! Let's get back to it: Welcome to NBA Opening Night!

Your games tonight are:
New York Knicks @ Cleveland Cavaliers (Days 1 & 2)
Utah Jazz @ Portland Trailblazers (Day 3)
San Antonio Spurs @ Golden State Warriors (Days 4+)

In this game, the mafia is basically just the Warriors. Because come on, they're the fucking mafia. Are you serious? NOBODY DENIES THIS. The civs are other assorted players and moments and Good Things from Opening Night. There is also an independent faction, though! Because REASONS.

The player balance at the start of the game will be 10/4/1.

(usual disclaimer about reading the following rules that certain players will inevitably ignore)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MISCELLANEOUS GAME SPECIFIC NOTES:
-All players, except for vanilla civs, are named.
-Mafia has been given safe claims.
-Vanilla civilians will be notified of roleblocks, if they exist.
-Messengers, if they exist, are counted as visits for watching/tracking purposes.
-I tend to get stuck on calls at the worst fucking times when I run games. If nights take a while, bare with me, please.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL RULES:
-Don't angleshoot. If you have a question about a rule, feel free to PM me, but don't quote or discuss PMs from me.
-Don't @ me. If you talk to me, and I deem it to be egregious, I'll AA you.
-Don't dead talk or night talk. If you think I might consider you to be dead talking or night talking, assume that I will consider you to be. Thanks!
-Don't communicate with other players in this game about this game outside of the game, unless otherwise specified/allowed. This includes but is not limited to PMs and rep.
-Don't edit or delete posts.
-Vote by bolding or ***starring*** your selection.
-Missing one vote is okay; missing two will get you AA'd.
-End of days will come at 10:30 AM, 1:30 PM, and 4:30 PM EST. Subject to change, but just follow the thread titles if you're confused. Or, you know, PM me. Don't post in the thread about not knowing when a deadline is!
-Majorities will be in play with anything more than 6 players remaining.
-10 minute overtimes are in play. If two or more players are tied at the end of a day, the first vote to break the tie will lynch. If the players are tied at the end of OT, RNG will decide the lynch.
-This board's timestamp will act as the game's official clock. Votes made at 10:30 AM will count. Votes made at 10:31 AM will not.

ORDER OF NIGHT OPERATIONS:
Simultaneous conflicts will be resolved via RNG
1.) Mafia Roleblocks
2.) Civilian Roleblocks
3.) Messaging / Whispers
4.) Protection
5.) Kills (all kills simultaneous)
6.) Investigations

Last edited:
PLAYER LIST:
1.) AnonymousDeac (nonny): generic Cavs fan (vanilla civ), hit N1
2.) BostonDeac (boston)
3.) bym051d (bym)
4.) ChicdeaC (chic)
5.) DaDeacs (da): LeBron James (Indy / SK), hit N2
6.) deacondamo (damo): Kevin Durant (mafia strongman), lynched D1
7.) DeacdeTejas (tejas): The Undertaker (civ early-game watcher), AA'd D2 (no votes)
8.) Eagles_Legendz (eagles): generic Cavs fan (vanilla civ), hit N2
9.) geiger235 (geigs): generic Cavs fan (vanilla civ), AA'd D2 (no votes)
10.) gouda (gouda)
11.) Knight (knight)
12.) romanovKU (rommy)
13.) ryalaman (ryala): The Fucking Oracle Arena (mafia goon), lynched D2
14.) Sweet!LaserTag! (lasers)
15.) timdunkandthefunk (timdunk)

LINKS TO END OF DAYS:
End of Day 1

Last edited:
Okay. All roles are out. Even vanilla civs received PMs. If you did not receive a PM, lemme know privately.

Day 1 ends at... hang on, lemme blow this the fuck up, for certain people in this game.

Day 1 ends at 2:00:59 PM EST

c1htn87mnttx.gif

So, I'm the Entire Jazz/Trailblazers game. I don't basketball, so I don't know what that means other than that I'm a civ.

Anyone else?

-All players, except for vanilla civs, are named.

So if you have a name you aren't a vanilla civ...or you are MAFIA!

Yeah, but you didn't claim. You just said you were a miller. There's nothing in the ruleset that should keep this game alive beyond...like, day 2?

that's a fucking claim

i have the perfect gif queued up for when knight says some more dumb shit about why a miller claim has to die

Back