• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA owners and players reach tentative agreement to end lockout

You can decide that if you ever meet me. You know where I am. Where are you?

I've said that I thought it would be a neat idea to designate some sports bar, etc. somewhere in the triad...since that's probably where you would have the greatest concentration of WF posters....as a weekly happy hour "get-together". You could have a floating group of posters who might be in the area to drop in for a drink or whatever...and check on which board posters happened to be there that week. People could come as often or infrequently as they wished...but if they happened to be in the area at that particular time on that particular day of the week, they would know there might be some WF people there having a drink, sandwich or whatever. You might eventually have 10 or 12 guys showing up for an hour or so to meet other board posters and chat about WF sports...or whatever...in what could become a regular WF board event. Over time, I imagine that several new relationships would be formed. It would also benefit the board, I believe, in terms of the civility of posting.

I mean, I think this part of the reason us pit posters are generally more civil towards eachother (for the most part, nobody likes the doofi :D). We've had a few meetup type events. You definitely do tend to give people he benefit of the doubt once you've met them in RL.

I'm always amused when terrible posters claim to be great people in real life. If you're such a fun person to hang with, stop being such a miserable dick on these boards.

Link

NBA forming a committee to study draft entry age, but there will probably be no changes for the 2012 draft.

Within the NBA, there’s a growing movement to create a rule similar to Major League Baseball, which requires college players to stay three years before becoming eligible for the draft. Some NBA teams have suggested a system in which the age minimum for the draft would be 20. Under that scenario, non-international players also would have to wait until two years after their senior high school class has graduated.

The proposed committee would look at a system that would permit high school players to declare for the draft, and if players aren’t selected, they can retain eligibility and still play college basketball. Those players would have to wait two years to re-enter the draft. And once any player enters college, he has to wait two years until he can play in the NBA.

Back