• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA owners and players reach tentative agreement to end lockout

LOL. Too bad.

(You know, milhouse, in spite of everything, I like you. You have something that I think is very important....a great sense of humor! And we still need to get together sometime. I'll buy the beer....and the food, too, as far as that goes! You know where I am....and my schedule is completely flexible.)

How about the 3 of us hit up Tot Hill Farm for a day on the links sometime soon?

It's a shame the NBA is coming back...I've been enjoying SportsCenter covering the NHL more this year than others due to the fact that there's been no NBA.

Possible enhancement to the vBulletin software: the thread starter can choose to exclude up to 3 posters from being able to comment on their thread.

Thoughts?

That's a fantastic idea.

Whispers that they might have changed the draft rule. Can go straight out of HS but if you go to college you have to stay 2 years.

I would love it... No more one semester wonders. I hope it is actually in the CBA.

Baby steps....but at least it is a small move in the right direction, I suppose. Two years isn't a helluva lot better than one. I would prefer go to the NBA after HS or wait until your college class graduates.
That's just unreasonable though. That will never ever happen. 2 years is the most you could reasonably ask for.

That's just unreasonable though. That will never ever happen. 2 years is the most you could reasonably ask for.

Yeah if it does get passed it is just because the owners will have given the concession of letting them go pro after HS. I also would like that part of it.. there are kids that don't need college at all.

Does the short season give the Spurs one last hope?

BKF would talk so dirty to the NBA while the NBA sits on a couch and BKF rides the NBA hard. Hips gyrating. The NBA has its hands on BKF's hips, pushing BKF up and down, harder and faster. BKF tells the NBA to call BKF its dirty whore. NBA obliges, then slaps BKF hard across the face. BKF licks the blood from his lips and smiles. He never stops riding. The NBA eventually explodes deep into BKF. They both collapse in a heap, spent.

I think we can all see the BKF/NBA relationship heading this way. The sexual tension is palpable.

How about the 3 of us hit up Tot Hill Farm for a day on the links sometime soon?

I just saw C C Pharr day before yesterday. Any of you guys know him? He is pretty heavily involved there.

I quit playing golf around 1990 (used to carry a 6 or 7 hdcp, too)....but I'd be happy to come down, drive the cart & drink a few beers with everyone. People could see that I don't have horns.

i'm intrigued by this idea. seriously

Those odds look about right except for the Lakers at 7:1.

Really pumped for basketball.

I'm glad they're going to be playing, but in all honesty I never really get into the NBA until the playoffs. I love it in May and June, though, when there is an NBA and/or and NHL playoff game on every night.

Make it happen. I can get the golf lined up with a simple phone call.

It would be very interesting....though it would create some image problems for some when they realize that they would actually like me when they met me. Oh, the horror of the thought!

So you're different in RL than you are on the boards is what you are saying

You can decide that if you ever meet me. You know where I am. Where are you?

I've said that I thought it would be a neat idea to designate some sports bar, etc. somewhere in the triad...since that's probably where you would have the greatest concentration of WF posters....as a weekly happy hour "get-together". You could have a floating group of posters who might be in the area to drop in for a drink or whatever...and check on which board posters happened to be there that week. You might eventually have 10 or 12 guys showing up for an hour or so to meet other board posters and chat about WF sports...or whatever. Over time, I imagine that several new relationships would be formed. It would also benefit the board, I believe, in terms of the civility of posting.

Do you think this was the idea behind the creation of chat rooms?

It seems to me that the opposite is true....the latter point confirms the legitimacy of the first. To wit, they were willing to take much less money for the very reason that...deep down...they knew that they were being obscenely overpaid (and that they didn't have a hope in hell of making a fraction of what they were settling for on any other job they could get).

Though I was never "ripping" them for accepting less money. They would have been even bigger idiots not to have done so...for reasons I stated. I was simply giving an accurate description of the one-sided nature of those negotiations. If the players should be "ripped" for anything, it's not taking the deal much earlier, when they might have been able to get 53% instead of 50%. That's when their arrogance & stupidity really cost them.

OK. I don't really care either way. I'm just saying it seems that you think NBA players make far too much, and then call them arrogant and stupid for not negotiating for 3 percent more. What am I missing.

Back