• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBC benching "Community", shuffling other programs

Whitney, 94. Would you?

Oh, uh... well. Sure I guess. I mean, c'mon Ph- you know me. But I'd have to wear earplugs or have ESPN on or something.

Anybody see this past weekend's SNL? I thought it was one of the funniest I have seen in a long time, other than the Timberlake ones. A lot of red wine could have been clouding my judgment. The digital short, often the best part, was probably the weakest. Really liked the abstract French sketch, whatever that was.

We're gonna make... Technology Hump!

Probably the best last sketch of the night for SNL in a LONG time.

I was thinking that the Community cast is rather expensive... Joel McHale, Alison Brie, Chevy Chase, Donald Glover, and Ken Jeong all have to command decent cuts.

Chelsea Handler is not funny

I absolutely cannot stand her. My roommate, who only otherwise watches Glee and Project Runway, is super pumped about this news. Playing to the lowest common denominator. Well done, NBC.

I was thinking that the Community cast is rather expensive... Joel McHale, Alison Brie, Chevy Chase, Donald Glover, and Ken Jeong all have to command decent cuts.

Without good ratings, definitely an expensive cast. Joel and Chevy probably make less than you think, though. Joel didn't have anything besides "The Soup", and Chevy needed a vehicle to remind people that he was still alive.

Ken Jeoung is probably the most expensive. Glover wasnt known (still isnt really) for his standup before this show and Allison Brie was only known as a bit part on Mad Men

I doubt they'd be that expensive compared to any other ensemble show on NBC. Jeong is the only one with a major movie presence and that's as a stock character in comedies. This was the breakout role for Brie and Glover. Brie was basically doing web stuff and guest spots on Mad Men. Glover was a writer and doing standup and his rap stuff. I'd see Yvette Nicole Brown in bit roles every know and then and I'd never see the woman who plays Britta in anything (although Google images does reveal some past roles). Same with the guy who plays the Dean.

Sure they've blown up since they've been on Community, but I don't know the extent to which any of them would be in heavy demand without it. I don't really see much big time star potential in any of them except maybe McHale or Glover. But if McHale was going to really blow up it would have happened by now. He started on The Soup awhile ago.

I absolutely cannot stand her. My roommate, who only otherwise watches Glee and Project Runway, is super pumped about this news. Playing to the lowest common denominator. Well done, NBC.

It's just fuckin' snark, snark, snark, condescending bitchy snark. She's a televised Perez Hilton.

I don't think you guys understand how things work sometimes. Not saying any of the people are superstars but definitely more expensive than your average network show, and there's like five of them. If ratings are tight... the show with the relatively known ensemble cast usually gets the ax.

McHale "only" has another show on another network that he hosts by himself.... lol.

How do you figure it's more expensive than your "average network show"?

And they're relatively known because of Community which is strange considering how it flounders in the ratings.

I'd bet far more people have seen McHale on Community than on The Soup. Jeong is the only one you could argue had a much larger presence outside the show.

I don't think you guys understand how things work sometimes. Not saying any of the people are superstars but definitely more expensive than your average network show, and there's like five of them. If ratings are tight... the show with the relatively known ensemble cast usually gets the ax.

McHale "only" has another show on another network that he hosts by himself.... lol.

Mr. Bigshot thinks he knows everything about tv cause he's moving to LA.

Back