• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC Sports Betting

For the Fanatics one, am I reading that right where you could make a $20 bet, and get $200 in FanCash which you could use for licensed merchandise for instance?
now why would you want to go and do a thing like that

Anyone do the NBA 1st basket parlays? The odds get crazy on those things. I have Jalen Brunson, Tyrese Haliburton and Porzingis tonight. $1 bet to win $425

I lost a 7 leg parlay last night on Doncic not getting to 30 points. He had 27 and sat most of the 4th quarter. And a 6 team parlay by 1 f-ing point. Had the Bos-Port over at 221 and the final was 220. Its always something on parlays!!
Parlays are for suckers.

Anyone have an issue with the DraftKings $250 in bonus bets not showing up in the account?

I'm glad you mentioned bonus bets. I didn't really understand that, but looks like I can use those to place free bets.

Betting for and against WFU!

Also picked UNC to win the tourney. :sick:

Not saying I want it to happen, but we've seen it before: you can get +2400!!!! if you parlay Wake -5.5 first half, ND to win :couch:

Oh wow, didn't realize they allowed college player props in NC too. We don't have that in Tennessee for some reason.

I’m on fanduel. I used $100 credit on Wake today and won $95. I was chicken shit and bet $25 on ND to cover me. I got the $25 back if they lost so it ended up working out. I have another $50 credit I’ll probably use on Wake tomorrow. My balance has gone from $50 to $250 with all the crap they are giving away. I’m milking all the free stuff but I won’t add anymore until Christmas. I’m also not willing to bet enough to win big. It’s just a little fun and as long as I break even I’m good.

I’m on fanduel. I used $100 credit on Wake today and won $95. I was chicken shit and bet $25 on ND to cover me. I got the $25 back if they lost so it ended up working out. I have another $50 credit I’ll probably use on Wake tomorrow. My balance has gone from $50 to $250 with all the crap they are giving away. I’m milking all the free stuff but I won’t add anymore until Christmas. I’m also not willing to bet enough to win big. It’s just a little fun and as long as I break even I’m good.
this dude is stealing my idea

now if they make online poker legal in NC then I mayyyyyyyy be in trouble. or should i say, those fishies out there may be in trouble.

I’m glad these bets are free.

In related news, I’ll accept cash donations to bet against your favorite team.

*Cowboys do not apply

Anyone familiar with the PGA 3 ball bets where you pick the winner out of the group for that day. What happens if 2 players tie for the win. Is it a push or do you lose? I can't find any info on the app

Anyone familiar with the PGA 3 ball bets where you pick the winner out of the group for that day. What happens if 2 players tie for the win. Is it a push or do you lose? I can't find any info on the app
I believe a push is a loss, as you're betting on the player to win out right.

I realized this catch the other day, because otherwise it would be a clever way to secure 66.6% of your bonus balance (by betting on all three guys, in a group where all three are +100 or over).

And, by the way, fade me from this thread.

I didn't know that I could fractionalize my FanDuel Bonus Bets; so I had $100 on Davidson -4, $250 a stupid 1st minute prop bet, and then went full tilt on a series of games I'm not quite ready to discuss. It all ended with an NBA game last night.

I compounded my absolutely horrendous luck (6 consecutive ONE point losses on NCAAM/NBA spread bets) with abject stupidity.

I'm an absolute dummy dum dum. I'd greatly appreciate nobody quoting this post, because I'm only telling it as a tale of caution.

I don't want to get hooked on this stuff; so I stuck with my plan of placing my $100/$250/$500 bets on FanDuel Tuesday. I placed $500 on the Rockets -3
Tuesday night

... I had hedge bets set properly, spread throughout the other apps with quickly-expiring bonuses. (Spurs +3, all in bonus bets of various sums).

I pretty much had $460 at Fanduel if the Rockets covered, and $400 guaranteed elsewhere if they didn't.

What I managed to do next is simply appallingly stupid.

... my Rockets bet looked to be solid late in the 4th quarter and I tried to get cute, by taking cash-out options (in-game) on my hedge bets and then re-entering that low sum into a long-shot (3:1) wager on the Spurs still covering (which was offered on an app, with a expiring 100% boost perk on cash bets). It would have paid ~$75 more than my original hedges.

In theory, it could have been a unique way to salvage what I could of my (losing) hedge bets & take advantage of an expiring boosted payout; in a weird ass situation of having free money spread between 9 sports books.

I tried to get clever, but instead I acted like a cat stuck under a hose.

In between bouncing between apps cashing out what I could; that bet option disappeared...but, the odds were nearly identical on the Spurs money-line option.

You already know where this is going...

I'd had a long, miserable sports gambling day... and, I know I shouldn't have taken those 3 points lightly & just walked away... knowing that I should have never touched my hedge bets in the first place. (First big mistake)

I didn't & still placed the cash bet. (Second big mistake)

Spurs back-door cover but lose the game. I lost every bonus bet and dollar from my cash-outs.

My sports gambling star burned bright and fast. Very glad I pulled the guaranteed money out, so I've got something to show for my 2 days of suffering.

I'm still stuck with 8 days of Fanatics. Yay.

Just waiting for FD to offer another 'free' $50 bet. One timmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (Or 3rd time. Whatever.)

Back