• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State Game Time - Noon ESPN

You named two guys. You think those two guys are deeper than the 2020 class?

Beats me. Have you done some #analysis ? Besides Tua, Burrow, and Herbert who are the pros slobbering over for the 2020 class ? Hurts ? Fromm ? Eason ?

Sure, Newman's behind all those guys imo. He's not extremely accurate, he's not fast (even for a big quarterback), and he will have only played 16 games at the end of this season. If he moves up in the draft next year it will be cause he's gotten better, not because of the competition.

Well that ain't great for their prospects of staying. Oh well. We'll just have to enjoy it while it lasts.

Does the DSRank mean they're 3rd in their projected draft class or if they left now? I'd imagine the former because Walker as 8th best RB overall maks no sense especially since he's not eligible.

Does the DSRank mean they're 3rd in their projected draft class or if they left now? I'd imagine the former because Walker as 8th best RB overall maks no sense especially since he's not eligible.

3rd for their position in their projected draft class. Didn't think Boogie would be near that high. He needs to dominate the last half of the season.

To base a prospects future based solely on a rating services opinion is foolish. Our coaches talk to the HS coaches and/or to the prospect himself. They then have to fit our system, be a good student and put the work in. We could also find athletes with potential who were stuck behind a stud. Riley Skinner was an example. As for Newman to the NFL, this years draft have 6 QBs with 1st round talent. If he's behind Trevor and Justin, in '21, then he'll get picked by a better team. In '18 Baker and Sam went to teams with horrid OLs. Lamar went to a team that was ready-made for him.

To base a prospects future based solely on a rating services opinion is foolish. Our coaches talk to the HS coaches and/or to the prospect himself. They then have to fit our system, be a good student and put the work in. We could also find athletes with potential who were stuck behind a stud. Riley Skinner was an example. As for Newman to the NFL, this years draft have 6 QBs with 1st round talent. If he's behind Trevor and Justin, in '21, then he'll get picked by a better team. In '18 Baker and Sam went to teams with horrid OLs. Lamar went to a team that was ready-made for him.

You realize evrey team has a pick in every round, right ? Newman is not a first round draft pick.

Jamie, if you're reading this, please prove me wrong with #Newman4Heisman2020 !

I wouldn't put it past Gettleman to reach for another QB though, just to show everybody how smart he is.

3rd for their position in their projected draft class. Didn't think Boogie would be near that high. He needs to dominate the last half of the season.

They don’t project early entrants so it’s their recruiting class. It’s still good for comparisons. For example, Sage is ahead of Rondale Moore.

Beats me. Have you done some #analysis ? Besides Tua, Burrow, and Herbert who are the pros slobbering over for the 2020 class ? Hurts ? Fromm ? Eason ?

Sure, Newman's behind all those guys imo. He's not extremely accurate, he's not fast (even for a big quarterback), and he will have only played 16 games at the end of this season. If he moves up in the draft next year it will be cause he's gotten better, not because of the competition.

Hmm. Newman is statistically elite level accurate and throws a catchable ball better than most.

If you want something to feel nervous about, ESPN just had a blurb on the bottom line that this will be the fourth matchup all time between Wake and State where we have been ranked. Deacs are 0-3 in those prior games.

Combine that with the 0-7 mark coming off a bye, and it is enough to get the stomach churning a bit.

The ranking is a target, no question about it. Lower ranked teams have been losing left and right, App the latest tonight. Gotta be ready for State's best shot

now there’s some hard hitting analysis

Looks like it's gonna be all whites v all blacks this week jersey wise

No announcement for Wake yet, which makes me feel like we wear something new (helmet logo). Usually announce the uniform combo Thursday morning.

If you want something to feel nervous about, ESPN just had a blurb on the bottom line that this will be the fourth matchup all time between Wake and State where we have been ranked. Deacs are 0-3 in those prior games.

Combine that with the 0-7 mark coming off a bye, and it is enough to get the stomach churning a bit.

Saw that too. We've got a couple of monkeys we need to get off our backs tomorrow.

If you want something to feel nervous about, ESPN just had a blurb on the bottom line that this will be the fourth matchup all time between Wake and State where we have been ranked. Deacs are 0-3 in those prior games. Combine that with the 0-7 mark coming off a bye, and it is enough to get the stomach churning a bit.

This simple observation by ESPN is worth noting, and doing something about.

Saw that too. We've got a couple of monkeys we need to get off our backs tomorrow.

No doubt. Add to it you have a 3rd string QB getting the reins you have that deep down sickening feeling that it will be a coming out party where he throws for 350 yards and is hailed by pack nation as their next great one....

Hoping instead Boogie blows him up and shows the nation why he is a NFL prospect. We will see.

No announcement for Wake yet, which makes me feel like we wear something new (helmet logo). Usually announce the uniform combo Thursday morning.

Black helmet, black jersey, gold pants. I suppose there could be a surprise change before kickoff. I seem to remember the team warming up in one helmet, and then changing into the gold right before their entrance.

Black helmet, black jersey, gold pants. I suppose there could be a surprise change before kickoff. I seem to remember the team warming up in one helmet, and then changing into the gold right before their entrance.

That was vs Clemson in 2014. That had me so jacked. We played a damn good game too until we wore down in the 4th quarter.

Back