• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State Game Time - Noon ESPN

In a way it’s a bit like the Carolina guy saying we don’t have a football tradition. Hines is saying we aren’t impressive enough for State to consider us a rival. It’s really hard for both of those programs to accept that Wake has passed them by.

Hines isn't saying anything crazy. He's saying Wake gets up for State more than State gets up for Wake and players will get excited to play against a former teammate.

The Deacs have been a particular scourge to Dave Doeren’s program in the past two years.

Word choice comparing Deacs to a scourge is fascinating given the synonyms for scourge:
plague, evil, curse, bane, affliction
The Deacs are more like an affliction or ulcer but not especially respected, mighty or great.

Yet more evidence of Tabari Hines being an attention seeking, self-centered d-bag. Tried to tell y'all.

Regardless, Fuck him. Go Deacs.

Nervous about this one but like Wake 34-27. Need to come out fast and avoid a Louisville type start.

NC State with 38 of 52 being freshman or sophomores on the two deep today.Quite interesting.

Hines said, “They get up for this game. I imagine they’ll definitely get up for this game, because I’m on the other side . . .”

I don’t believe that Hines has met Nasir Greer yet since he wasn’t on the team when Hines left.
I look forward to Mr Greer ‘introducing’ himself to Hines this afternoon.

So do we think Newman is playing, or no?

Edit to add that I'm pretty sure he is, but didn't know if I had missed any info. All I knew is both were listed on the depth chart.

He has a chance to surpass 2k passing yards and 20 TD's today. That would be a great "Newman vs. State, Chapter 2."

Last edited:
And while we're at it let's get Sage to 10 TD's and over 1k. Just for kicks.

No news on Newman. I anticipate he goes through warmups and is ready to go. Regardless (as I’m sure everyone who was on the FSU thread knows lol) I’m fine rolling with Hartman if Newman can’t go.

This is a huge game. Keeping things rolling into next week where we should be heavy favorites against VA Tech. Going into Clemson 8-1 would be huge.

Hope Jamie is back today, hoping the defense can play well in Strnad’s absence.

Anybody on site who can tell us how Newman is looking?

Back