• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State Game Time - Noon ESPN

And if you don't think it happens in basketball, specifically college basketball, specifically when Duke is playing, then I don't know what to tell you.

Honestly, I also would attribute what we see in basketball more to the perception of a team than what a coach actually says to a referee. I think Duke gets calls more because they are Duke, and less because K got in some refs ear. There's a lot of inherent, subconscious bias that a team like Duke should be beating a WF or BC or GT, and I'd assume it to be more likely that the bias of who should be winning influences what a ref does more than what either coach does/says.

Satterfield went nuts and that led to no-calls, widely reported, on Louisville DB's who were holding our guys. And other bad calls. I do not want Claw to "calm down" one bit.

More Odom, less Manning.

More yelling at refs, less Grobe or Gentleman Jim C. Take the gloves off and stop assuming we are going to blow out State (of course I hope we do).

I’ve never seen Clawson reticent to get in a ref’s face.

All of the State fans I know are incredibly down on this season and this team. They have no confidence going into this weekend. It's weird, and I'm not sure if I like it.

5102 undergrad enrollment as of Fall 2018. It was just a matter of time for Hatch who has us past 5000 undergrad enrollment now.

I would rather us be at 4999 just so we could say ‘yeah, we’re less than 5000 students, but we can still beat you’.

During my time in the mid '80's MSD enrollment was around 3000.... we went to the Final 8.

We won a football ACC championship in 1970 with around 2400 undergrads.

Satterfield went nuts and that led to no-calls, widely reported, on Louisville DB's who were holding our guys. And other bad calls. I do not want Claw to "calm down" one bit.

More Odom, less Manning.

More yelling at refs, less Grobe or Gentleman Jim C. Take the gloves off and stop assuming we are going to blow out State (of course I hope we do).

I feel like there's times when this may influence refs to your favor but can backfire and make certain refs say fuck you buddy and start calling against you. Multiple friends of mine who have reffed in the past lean in the latter direction. I think more likely it's a factor of acc refs continuing to be wildly inconsistent this year.

FFT: For WF to be considered good, do WF players have to be considered as overachievers?

RLdeac23 said... (original post) Hi Cory thanks for stopping by! As someone who covers another team besides Wake what is your opinion on Wakeforest football now and it’s potential ...
RCorySmith:
Man, I've got to say I really love what Clawson has built. Having Newman along with Sage Surratt and Kenneth Walker in that offense next year will be huge. Obviously the defense has some serious catching up to do with the offense and losing guys like Washington, Hinton and Carney will leave some holes, but Clawson constantly gets the most out of his players and will keep this team overachieving every year.

Overachieving is very subjective and is based on expectations which will be somewhat different for everyone.
However, I would much rather have overachievers than underachievers.

To go off something Conor tweeted yesterday, when Clawson said its not necessarily the best freshmen who play immediately; often its the most mature. This stood out to me due to when there was talk of Morin getting snaps at WR the beginning of the season and not Groulx and Greene.

I think we can all agree that we have 3 very good WR's taking the majority of the snaps, while the 4th position has not been as productive. Why not put Greene in over Claude or Roberson, and see what happens.

I know the redshirt argument is the main reason, but maybe its time to be a little less protective of true freshmen, we really only got a season and a half out of both Bates and Dortch. If injuries happen later, we may burn his shirt anyways, but I am interested to see what these guys can do now. If they can be productive and add another wrinkle for defenses, why not go for it. State is already thin at corner, so maybe this isn't the game to do it, but I would like to get as much production out of these players as we can and maybe not just the final 4 games of the season.

If you "overachieve" every year, doesn't that mean you're really simply achieving every year?
I mean, how much "overachieving" do you have to do before people shut the hell up about it and just recognize you're just doing the job?

Why do people assume Greene is one of the best 4 WR? If he was, he would have been playing all along like Walker (kinda) is.

Our Top 3 WR could all get an NFL shot. Claude turns 23 in a few weeks. Roberson is a good player. Both have been productive when they get on the field. Not much need for more than a 5 WR rotation.

Last edited:
On that note, when would be the correct time to play Greene, Groulx and Morin? When we are curb stomping State this weekend?

I mean, there's really no reason not to give them some reps in that scenario I'd imagine.

In blow outs and injury. The idea of a 6-1 ranked team saving true frosh who could help the team is pretty funny.

I’m guessing they didn’t play against Elon because he was saving them for four out of the next six games more due to injury than blowout. Honestly all of the next five have some blowout potential though.

If we lose Sage or Scotty, we will see if Greene and Groulx (who I think is on the outside) are ahead of Perry and Jones who played against Elon.

The new redshirt rule makes those FCS games before Thanksgiving prime time for true frosh. Doesn’t matter for us though.

Last edited:
One benefit of our schedule is that including the bowl game, our freshmen can all make their four game debut in Death Valley - roll em out there!!

Back