• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA announces punishment for UNC at 3 pm

DeaconPeach

Beer me
Reaction score
http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/story/10599335/

The NCAA Committee on Infractions has reached a decision on the punishment for the University of North Carolina stemming from nine major violations committed by the football program. An announcement is expected Monday afternoon.

620 The Buzz ‏ @620thebuzz
We will be airing the NCAA teleconference regarding the #UNC penalties at 3PM here on the Buzz and 99.9FM ESPN Radio

BURN THEM!

monty_python_holy_grail_script_050_angry_peasants.jpg

strange to not have heard about this in a while and then a news conference today? I fear they get off light

I'm not expecting much. Maybe some minor inconveniences, but nothing like they probably deserve.

No more dating without parental permission will be their punishment.

quick check of IC says that ncstaters think UNC received a second NOA last week

strange to not have heard about this in a while and then a news conference today? I fear they get off light

If it's not worse than OSU, the NCAA is a complete joke of an institution (as if we did not know this already).

The NCAA will limpwristedly slap them with one finger across the hand, say "naughty, naughty," and let them skate. Nothing to see, don't bother listening/watching. You'll just be disappointed once again in the ineffectual stupidity of the organization charged with maintaining integrity and ethical competitive standards for college athletics. You can't police something you don't understand.

Yeah I think it's probably going to be light. Not because of not hearing anything, since no one knows except the NCAA and they give the school I believe something like 24 hours prior notice (maybe 48). I just think that the NCAA wants to keep their cash cow sacred.

Yeah I think it's probably going to be light. Not because of not hearing anything, since no one knows except the NCAA and they give the school I believe something like 24 hours prior notice (maybe 48). I just think that the NCAA wants to keep their cash cow sacred.

Except aren't the allegations affiliated with football? The conferences keep the majority of the football money. The NCAA makes all of their money on the basketball tourney.

Do you mean that they don't want to piss off a basketball powerhouse program? Either way, I am not getting my hopes up.

I just mean UNC makes the NCAA money in multiple ways because of their athletic programs at large and they're not going to punish them severely. I don't really know if it's going to be because of basketball, because of "new information" the NCAA "found" that makes everyone look better, or the fact that they "fired" Butch Davis to prove they were "cleaning house", but the NCAA will give them excuses and will probably slap them on the wrist.

Probably lose a few scholarships with some recruiting restrictions. At the worst, no bowling next year. Just don't have hope that the NCAA will send the message that needs to be sent.

I'm hearing 1 year bowl ban and loss of 20 scholarships over 4 years. Plus, the fine and probation terms the cheats proposed. Honestly, it is more than I thought they would get, so I'm pleased.

I'm hearing 1 year bowl ban and loss of 20 scholarships over 4 years. Plus, the fine and probation terms the cheats proposed. Honestly, it is more than I thought they would get, so I'm pleased.

I would be ecstatic with this.

Back