• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Football 12 - Released tonight at midnight!

That's hilarious. He probably only played 5 games, too.

That's why I'm recruiting 3 RBs.

By the way, if he blows up how some think he will, I wouldn't be surprised if he left in real life, too.

He never got injured, and rushed for 2,000 yards so I can't blame him, but now I'm scrambling for a replacement. I've got my subs set ridiculously high, so I only had one injury all season. Lost an OL for the season with a cracked sternum.

There are way too many fucking injuries in this game. It's ridiculous. I've had yet to get through a full game w/ Tanner or Josh Harris.

He never got injured, and rushed for 2,000 yards so I can't blame him, but now I'm scrambling for a replacement. I've got my subs set ridiculously high, so I only had one injury all season. Lost an OL for the season with a cracked sternum.

Fuuuu Harris went Pro for me as well. Got a legit 3* RB so time for him to become the future.

Also, I am going after a bunch of 4* this year I've decided. I'll fill my needs with 3* and then go for some long shot 4* guys.

I mean, if they happened to the other team at the same clip, at least that would be fair.

I'm having to play defense in this years game a lot differently than I did before. I usually like to press w/ mah CB's and bring hard pressure, but holy shit the secondary is terrible at that this year. If I don't get there within a second a WR is wide open, and Wake's CBs really aren't rated too poorly either. Moar conservative/zone defenses ftmfl.

So I bought the game a week ago to discover that my PS3 laser disc needed to be replaced. Hurry the eff up Player's Choice and get that shit fixed!

I mean, if they happened to the other team at the same clip, at least that would be fair.

I'm having to play defense in this years game a lot differently than I did before. I usually like to press w/ mah CB's and bring hard pressure, but holy shit the secondary is terrible at that this year. If I don't get there within a second a WR is wide open, and Wake's CBs really aren't rated too poorly either. Moar conservative/zone defenses ftmfl.

Yes, Wake secondary is horrific. I've had to have some kind of blitz/pressure nearly every play. If the QB has time in the pocket, you're screwed.

Yes, Wake secondary is horrific. I've had to have some kind of blitz/pressure nearly every play. If the QB has time in the pocket, you're screwed.

Yeah, the simulation aspect of the game isn't as cool when your team's defense sucks donkey balls.

Right, but stats wise they really don't seem like they should be that bad. Decent speed at least.

What do you guys have the speed differential number tuned down to?

I'm using a 3-4 for the first time. I always send Wilber or Ehrmann and sometimes another lb. I also use way more safety blitz than usual.

I use a lot of blitzes because that was really the only way I could get the defense off the field.

Just signed the #17 WR (4*) during the off-season. Also got 2nd in interest from a 5*.

Next year is the year Wake gets its best recruiting class ever!

I don't think the defense is that hard to play as Wake.

I finished up the first year of a dynasty with Wake on AA, went 10-3, and had a top-10 defense. Harris also rushed for like 1800 yards. I also never really had the injury problems that you guys have talked about. Yeah, Harris and Price would be out for a series here or there, but I never lost anyone for a game, much less 5 weeks or something.

Passing is difficult, but after playing with other teams, I'm discovering Price is really just that horrible on the game. The biggest thing to me is how easy it is to create turnovers. I bet I force an average of 4/game. That's crazy.

Harris and Pendergrass are beastly in this game. I'm just worried I won't be able to repeat it next season.

I played a few exhibition games to work the kinks out before I started a new dynasty with Crapshoot's Wake corrected rosters. I picked up a nice win over Cuse. Last night I beat State 17-7. I only threw 6 passes because I didn't really need them. I just stuck with Harris and Pendergrass. I was getting 5-6 yards a play and I'd just go with a draw on 3rd and long and give it to Bohanon on 4th and short. My first TD was a 5 min drive. I think the other scoring drives were pretty long as well. I punted once and missed on a 4th and short when I ran the wrong play instead of calling a TO.

The defense was pretty bend but don't break. I had some good user picks and swats and the only TD was on 4th and 5 from the 30. I went with a SS Blitz and Glennon lofted it up to the SS spot right over Ehrmann's head.

Ph, as someone who probably follows Wake football a lot more closely than I do, how did you like the rosters? I had to do some fairly extensive edits. The EA Sports default Wake roster was godawful.

Any other PS3 users who want to give it a shot, my user name is PalmerJZ. Roster file is in my EA Locker.

Back