• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Super Regionals/College World Series

Wakelaw2006

Reaction score
Didn't see any threads about this. Are folks just not really college baseball fans?

Florida, Vandy, and UNC have already won their super regionals made it to Omaha.

Other ACC teams left: FSU plays Texas A&M in Game 3 tomorrow (TAMU won the first game 6-2, FSU won today 23-9!), UVA plays Cal-Irvine in Game 3 tomorrow as well. UVA is the #1 seed overall, UNC is #3, and FSU is #5.

Texas to the CWS as well. South Carolina up 6 in the 9th - looks like the Cocks are headed back to the CWS to defend their national championship.

Good game between Florida and Miss State earlier, back-and-forth, lots of drama.

Looked like UVa had it hand vs UCI, guess the rain messed them up. Kudos to Littlepage with how good that program is, lacrosse champs and I think he made two really good hires in football and men's bball in recent years

How does the tuition work with UVA and baseball scholarships? I thought out of state was expensive, and baseball never gives full scholarships. Does UVA say athletes are in state like UNC?

This is probably not allowed here, but I like Mike Fox.

Excellent coach. Good friends son pitches for the Tar Heels so I have seen many goames over the past 2 years. Was there Saturday for their CWS clinching game against Stanford and the Heels are very strong on pitching, fielding and hitting.

Just like watching the real Carolina from Columbia, being long on pitching gives them the luxury of bringing in reliever after reliever for situations.

How does the tuition work with UVA and baseball scholarships? I thought out of state was expensive, and baseball never gives full scholarships. Does UVA say athletes are in state like UNC?

No, UVa, VT, JMU or W & M and others never have. In fact, the Commonwealth of Virginia does not even give their own staff and professors a tuition break at the school they teach.

Ex Deac Mike Moraghan was the UVa golf coach for 10 to 12 years and said that always hurt them in golf recruiting while he was there as Littlepage only gave him the equivalent of 3 in-state schollies to work with. It is hard to divvy up that little bit of money to get out of state or foreign kids to come.

New coach Bowen Sargent gets the full 4.5 schollies to recruit with so UVa is improving in the golf area.

I was in the gym today during the UVA game. Obviously being in cville there were a ton of fans. There is a tv in the locker room and in the bottom of the ninth there were a ton of dudes standing around in various states of undress cheering.

It was like the premise of a bad gay adult film.

Gig'em

(The Aggies athletics are getting better and better. Football will be very good this year and is improving, Turgeon leaving hoops will hurt but the program is gaining traction, great baseball with stadium improvements coming, top Track & Field program in the country).

Wow.....I must have been slightly brainwashed for a while.

Mods - Spam above. Do your thing.

I'm pulling for Vanderbilt, but they were my adopted team during basketball season and they got 5/12 upset in the first round. Hope the baseball team fares better.

Back