• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

So ACC in 4-0 in the round of 64, MWC is 1-4 with San Diego St. squeaking by a 12-seed? Lol.

Yo, you NCAAT Committee asshats!

PAY ATTENTION NOW!!

Never ever never ever never ever never ever allow future committee personnel to allow less than 7 ACC NCAAT bids! PUT IT IN THE BOOKS!!

Understood?!!!

Yo, you NCAAT Committee asshats!

PAY ATTENTION NOW!!

Never ever never ever never ever never ever allow future committee personnel to allow less than 7 ACC NCAAT bids! PUT IT IN THE BOOKS!!

Understood?!!!
I get your point, but I like the narrative that when we get picked, we win. People were bitching about the ACC getting five teams. Crickets now.

But with 7, Wake and Pitt could be doing damage now as well.
I totally agree! I thought you were making the point that the ACC doing well actually means nothing long-term. But agree- we could be winning right now 😢

Appropriate the ACC is being carried by schools from the Carolinas. But, at least one of them is already an official traitor to the conference we learned this week.

FWIW. Clark Kellog is incredible in the studio. Really balances his professionalism and knowledge of the college game with the hijinks of the NBA crew. I thoroughly enjoy it
Agreed. Clark knows his role is to be the straight man and bring the facts on the teams we don’t know about.

He is much better in studio than as the in-game color guy.

Just once I want to see the people who advocated the advanced stat metrics bullshit apologize for their takes. Fucking WCC and their 6 bids fall on those tools.
Fifteen of the top 16 KP teams won their first round game, with #4 Auburn being the exception.

The lowest-rated at-large teams per KP were UVA, South Carolina, FAU, Utah St, TCU, and Boise State. Five of those six lost already.

Of the next eight lowest, five have lost (Nevada, Miss St, Colo St, TX Tech, Nebraska) vs. three winning (NW, ATM, Wazzu).

The biggest favorite by seed to lose thus far, Kentucky, was vastly overseeded as a 3 per KP, which has them at #22 overall.

WF ranked ahead of every MWC team except SDSU in KP, and would have been a 7 seed. Pitt would have been a 9-seed at #36 overall.

Mark Byington is a coach that Wake could/should hire

(assuming we can't get BUCKY)
I've been saying this for months. Byington is the deal, and they're a good watch. Don't think they beat Duke, but a great season for them. And yeah, I saw a couple GCU games earlier in the year, and they're really good for a small conference. Not doing well otherwise in my brackets, but had both JMU and GCU. And JMU owns the B1G! Maybe there is something to the B1G adding UNC and JMU over UVA and VT.:cool: In addition to being the best hoops and football school in the state, er commonwealth, JMU had a women's lax natty a few years back, so they'd better improve the B1G women's lax profile.

I'm not defending our commissioner. And I'm not defending the MWC outside of SDS and maybe USU. But the ACC got 1 more bid than it deserved because UVA did not deserve that bid. Wake, VT and Pitt did not do enough to merit bids. The only Wake team under Forbes that should have received a bid was the LaRavia team, though I get why that team didn't because of its OOC schedule.

Back