• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

If Edey is going to be allowed to stand in the paint for 15 seconds at a time, UConn is gonna need to double.

Yet he's not considered a good NBA prospect in a weak draft.
I don't watch the NBA really at all

But is that because his lack of athleticism getting up and down the floor quickly? The dude can play

If you can't stretch the floor then I would imagine he's nothing more than a backup center in the NBA

If Edey is going to be allowed to stand in the paint for 15 seconds at a time, UConn is gonna need to double.
nah, disagree. Edey is really smart with his foot placement in the low block. I don't ever see a 3 in the key call really a threat against him

I don't watch the NBA really at all

But is that because his lack of athleticism getting up and down the floor quickly? The dude can play

He’d get roasted in the pick and roll. Probably a backup 5 who plays more in certain matchups.

If you can't stretch the floor then I would imagine he's nothing more than a backup center in the NBA
Backup center is pretty valuable given how many great centers there are. Can't afford a huge dropoff.

I don't see why Edey couldn't be a Zubac-type in the NBA.
That's the comp I'm seeing.

Crazy that this is only the 2nd matchup of 7-footers for the NCAA Championship.

How can the ref call that on Diarra? That was a clean nutting to the forehead!

Just flipped it on. The Newton fella looks good. Also, hell of a screen by Edey.

Agree that Edey can find a role as a backup center. The thing that would worry me most about him isn't his offense being exclusively focused in the low-post, but his defense. He's obviously a great rim defender, but I'm not sure he can switch off and effectively defend NBA forwards, which is a must for centers there.

Back