• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ncaa tourney thread--the refs fubar

Yep, and Towns 80% FT percentage is a realllly good sign for him developing a killer NBA jump shot

UK didn't miss a FG attempt in the final 8 minutes. Obviously they were mostly good looks, but damn.

I'm afraid that'll be the one time someone has them on the ropes in the tourney. If they have to go through Wisco and Duke it is safe to say they earned it though.

I think Kentucky fans should be a bit worried. This is the first really good, efficient offense they've played this year and their defense looked pretty meh. Wisco, Duke, Zags all are really good on offense.

Turns out having a team full of giants trolling around works better against dumb SEC teams that can't shoot etc.

ncaa tourney thread--the final 8

I am sick of hearing everyone boldly proclaim that UK would have multiple losses if they played in the ACC. It is all "what ifs" so we will never know but they did boat race UNC, beat Louisville in Louisville and beat ND tonight. Some of the ACC's best had their shot and came up short.

I am sick of hearing everyone boldly proclaim that UK would have multiple losses if they played in the ACC. It is all "what ifs" so we will never know but they did boat race UNC, beat Louisville in Louisville and beat ND tonight. Some of the ACC's best had their shot and came up short.

I don't think they would've won all of their road games in the ACC, but you're right, we'll never know.

I don't think they would've won all of their road games in the ACC, but you're right, we'll never know.

I think it would have been hard but this is not Wichita State from last year. They were heavily tested this year.

Which way? Wisconsin will be the best team UK has played this year. The spread tonight was -11, that certainly wasn't easy money.

Kentucky was "heavily tested" this year? Well that's laughable.

Kansas was the only team they played the entire year that ended up clinging to a top 10 ranking. And they were 10th.

Starting in January they played 2 whole games against ranked teams. And it was the same team. A team that got bounced from the tourney by an ACC team.

Kentucky's a great team. If they go undefeated and win a National Championship they've proven all they need to prove. But they were definitely not heavily tested during the year compared to a top tier ACC team.

Btw, the REGIONAL CHAMPIONS hat looks like something only a dweeb in the NCAA office would approve.

Geez O' Mighty. Looks like something a 90 year old man would wear while fishing on a pier.

Kentucky was "heavily tested" this year? Well that's laughable.

Kansas was the only team they played the entire year that ended up clinging to a top 10 ranking. And they were 10th.

Starting in January they played 2 whole games against ranked teams. And it was the same team. A team that got bounced from the tourney by an ACC team.

Kentucky's a great team. If they go undefeated and win a National Championship they've proven all they need to prove. But they were definitely not heavily tested during the year compared to a top tier ACC team.
So what you're saying is that they didn't play Duke and Virginia. That's a fair point, Virginia is done, but Duke is possibly in the pipe. Will you still be calling them untested if they go undefeated against Duke, Notre Dame, Carolina, and Louisville? Or do they also need to play Clemson and FSU?

I think this is probably the first top 15ish offense Kentucky has played this year (off top of my head) and their defense, which is their money maker, showed real weakness for the first time.

They are still big favorites and everything but I'd put them at maybe 70% against Wisco and Duke (if they play)

Back