• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ncaa tourney thread--the refs fubar

I think ND was a worse matchup for Kentucky than is Wisconsin. Kaminsky will be neutralized and Wisky's guards can't penetrate as well as ND's. Wisconsin will need to shoot very well

I think ND was a worse matchup for Kentucky than is Wisconsin. Kaminsky will be neutralized and Wisky's guards can't penetrate as well as ND's. Wisconsin will need to shoot very well

Yeah, that and they're coming off of this wake up call, as opposed to a 40 point blowout. If I'm playing a great team, I want to play them after a huge blowout win rather than after an upset or upset alert.

Drink every time Lundquist says Tum Tum.

Louisville has a bunch of guys that are really good college players but don't have much of an NBA future.

Eh, maybe so, but having spent a lot of time in that state, have seen a real ugly side to the Kentucky fan base.

The KY program, more than any, has epitomized the win at all costs mentality in college sports - dating from point shaving in the 40's and 50's to the death penalty in the late 80's to a blatant disregard for any notion of "student-athlete" at present. In Cal's system, Kentucky brings in recruits who aren't from the state, never played h.s. ball there, and will never live there upon leaving the KY program. Their fans (many of whom make UNC fans seem tolerable) will praise Calipari's mercenary system and go on and on about Kentucky being the greatest basketball state of them all - yet the players in their system have little if any connection to the state and spend little if any time at the University. I don't fault for Calipari for taking advantage of the OAD and credit him with molding new teams every year into very successful ones, but the guy is slime. Kentucky fans hated this guy when he was at Memphis, hated him - called him a cheater, scumbag, decried the OAD system, and called him every name in the book. They got desperate after Gillespie drove the program into the ground, welcomed Cal and his demons, and he now walks on water. Whatever will bring them national championships will always be tolerated in the Bluegrass state regardless of how it is accomplished.

This is nothing but short-sighted and stereotypical drivel.

This is nothing but short-sighted and stereotypical drivel.

What is? The scandals of UK basketball are historical fact. The UK fan base obsession with winning at all costs is something many in the base admit to, it's why they've embraced OAD. & please don't tell me BBN liked Calipari in slightest when he was at Memphis

Last edited:
Eh, maybe so, but having spent a lot of time in that state, have seen a real ugly side to the Kentucky fan base.

The KY program, more than any, has epitomized the win at all costs mentality in college sports - dating from point shaving in the 40's and 50's to the death penalty in the late 80's to a blatant disregard for any notion of "student-athlete" at present. In Cal's system, Kentucky brings in recruits who aren't from the state, never played h.s. ball there, and will never live there upon leaving the KY program. Their fans (many of whom make UNC fans seem tolerable) will praise Calipari's mercenary system and go on and on about Kentucky being the greatest basketball state of them all - yet the players in their system have little if any connection to the state and spend little if any time at the University. I don't fault for Calipari for taking advantage of the OAD and credit him with molding new teams every year into very successful ones, but the guy is slime. Kentucky fans hated this guy when he was at Memphis, hated him - called him a cheater, scumbag, decried the OAD system, and called him every name in the book. They got desperate after Gillespie drove the program into the ground, welcomed Cal and his demons, and he now walks on water. Whatever will bring them national championships will always be tolerated in the Bluegrass state regardless of how it is accomplished.

Tell me more about how point shaving helped UK win anything.

ZING! I thought maybe you had a #scoopla. But keep up the condescending, butthurt rants.

Was wondering what happened to Louisville's offense in the 1st half. Good to see it's back to normal in the 2nd.

Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel 5m5 minutes ago
Louisville has two field goals this half. Both by Rozier off steals. That means no baskets in halfcourt offense. They still lead 51-47.

Woooof

That is a terrible shot, followed by two terrible FTs. Anybody want to win?

Back