• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA will allow athletes to make money

This is going to be more about their YouTube channels and IG pages than car dealerships.

The money is merely coming from under the table to over the table.

If Adidas is paying players to go to Adidas schools, you know Nike has to be doing the same. There are many income channels for players.

The best way to make teams more equal in talent in football is to reduce roster size.

You’re describing nothing that’s not already happening. Just look at social media, Sam is getting promoted more than the OL. That’s football.

Here’s a little secret you might want to be sitting down for, duke is already paying their players. They have been for years.

This will benefit the more successful programs with bigger fan bases for sure, but the old system also benefited more successful programs with bigger fan bases.

The idea that paying players will somehow create a hellscape where all the best FB players go to Alabama has always struck me as so silly.

So glad you have this deep understanding. The slight detail you might be overlooking is that we are no longer talking about recruiting or Social Media. It's now going to be all about the Benjamin's!!!

Being 100% honest, though I've read/heard for years about how Duke keeps players eligible academic-wise, I've never heard that they pay their players. Interested to hear more, i.e. where the $$ comes from, is K involved or at least aware, etc. Also interested to know if Wake pays its players, and if so do you think we got "out-bid" for Giles at the last minute.

Nike.

So glad you have this deep understanding. The slight detail you might be overlooking is that we are no longer talking about recruiting or Social Media. It's now going to be all about the Benjamin's!!!

It always was. If Kansas was offering money to Zion, you think he chose to volunteer at duke?

I’m all for cutting into inflated shoe contracts for coaches and putting that money in the player’s pockets who wear the shoes on the court. Above the table of course.

Kids spend money wanting to be like mike not like Phil Jackson. Let’s cut the bullshit and pay the people who actually create the value.

Money in college athletics has been rampant for decades. I’m happy putting it in the pockets of the people putting their brains and knees on the line.

Great post.

Back