• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAAT discussion (the end)

Wow, happy to have been so wrong about TT. After watching them completely strangle Michigan and MSU, I thought they'd do the same to UVA. TT had too many defensive lapses last night.

As for Hunter, word around here all year is he's leaving. He's projected top-10. He had been fairly quiet offensively all tourney till last night, but he's the closest thing UVA has had the last several years to being a shut down defender. And he has a nice shooting form, and I think he'll improve his range. As for Jerome, the projections had been that he'd be a marginal 1st round selection, the speculation had been that he'd return if he wasn't a 1st rounder. After the tourney he had, I'd expect him to throw his name in and not hire an agent.

As they should! As long as Bennett is there, they will be a tough team to crack

And didn't UVA lose like 6 guys two years ago with people saying it was tough to get kids to play in the boring Bennett system ??

Hunter has to be a top 3 defender in the country and may be the best on ball defender coming into the draft (tough to compare his brand of defense with, say, Zion's though). No reason for him to stay at all.

Especially after the final four, I think Jerome will be close to a lottery pick/John Collins' range depending on how he fares in workouts.

Jerome is definitely one of the most non-euro, euro players I've ever seen in college basketball.

Greensboro Day School is a private basketball powerhouse that feeds players into D1 basketball. They've got three straight state titles.

Greensboro is probably an all right place to go to school if you're a gymrat who goes to bed at 9:00 and doesn't want to be distracted by things like halfway decent restaurants and good looking women.

Greensboro is probably an all right place to go to school if you're a gymrat who goes to bed at 9:00 and doesn't want to be distracted by things like halfway decent restaurants and good looking women.

Has UNCG slipped that much?

When I went to Wake in the 60's UNCG had good looking women. I married one.

Bennett makes adjustments in 2 seconds, Manning has to look at film after the game to figure out what happened:

I'm not sure that having a recruiting mill HS in your city does much to put it on the #incline

Not sure that Oak Hill ever raised the profile of Southwestern VA

there is no perfect analogy since no other #1 seed has ever lost to a #16, but Tennessee pissing away 4 years of Peyton Manning (0-4 against UF) and then going undefeated with Tee Martin is a decent comparison

UVa with Ralph Sampson never winning an ACC championship nor national title but getting there to the Final Four in 1984 with Olden Polynice?

Yeah. I used to be for traditional jump balls myself but I like that it’s not up to the ref and it’s quick.

The officials are glad. Let me tell you that making a good toss to guys that tall is damn hard. Plus it is quite dangerous. You will notice that most do NOT have their whistle in their mouths due to cracked teeth and other things from flying elbows and the ball coming in any direction. Doing one per game is just fine.

There's no logic behind using a jump ball to determine possession. It's just as arbitrary as using a free throw contest.

Back