• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ND Fans

Do you support a playoff?

Never said ND wasn't a good team, not once. I simply don't agree that they're even close to a top 10 team. I also never bought into the crap that they were going to beat us by a ton either.

Yes I support a playoff if it is done correctly. I never said that you said ND wasn't a good team. It's fine if you don't agree that they are even close to a Top 10 team. I don't know if I believe it either, but I merely pointed out that there are highly thought of websites that rely on statistics that has all the numbers for all of their performances throughout the year, and it puts them on ground similar to those that are "ranked" in the top 10.

I also don't equate that by stating there are websites that have them near the top 10 to being the same as "one fan on here said ND was really a "top 10" team, as you did below.

A lot of the comments the ND students made were comments I heard from Wake fans on here. There were plenty who were predicting an ND blowout win on here. Several fans on here stated ND had superior athletes then us. One fan on here said ND was really a "top 10" team. So while it's irritating reading some of that, many on here were saying the same thing.

Yes I support a playoff if it is done correctly. I never said that you said ND wasn't a good team. It's fine if you don't agree that they are even close to a Top 10 team. I don't know if I believe it either, but I merely pointed out that there are highly thought of websites that rely on statistics that has all the numbers for all of their performances throughout the year, and it puts them on ground similar to those that are "ranked" in the top 10.

I also don't equate that by stating there are websites that have them near the top 10 to being the same as "one fan on here said ND was really a "top 10" team, as you did below.

Fair enough, I inferred more then you intended I take it.

I just question that value of stats if a team is ranked in "stats" top 10-15 yet they're not even ranked in the top 25 polls. I am not saying those who rank the teams are right (they're often way off).

I think stats are good to look at it but rarely tell the entire story.

Back