• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ND Fans

ProbationDeac

Reaction score
I was curious to hear other's impressions of them. I don't think I talked to one the whole day/night but I didn't hear any of them really being obnoxious where I was sitting. I heard comparisons that they were going to be like UNC fans but for the most part I was pleasantly surprised.

The ones near me seemed fine. Cheered for their team but respectful of others around them.

The ones near us were great. Passionate about their team but not rude or disrespectful to us. Seemed to really enjoy our atmosphere. I'd be happy to have them back anytime

Other than the dude with an ND jersey and NYY tattoo (???), they were fine.

Someone posted on the game thread that he saw two of them marched out by the cops. Wonder what that was about?

Wonder how many have stepped foot in the state of Indiana?

Wonder how many have stepped foot in the state of Indiana?

Fans can cheer for a team for a variety of reasons. The Irish connection probably brings a lot of people on board, especially some of the older ND fans.

With the exception of a drunken redneck Irish fan in the parking lot where I tailgated, they were pretty painless. I think it was the first ND game for most of them.

The guys by us were great...other than cheering for the wrong team.

There was a family of ND fans behind us on the Hill whom apparently were UNC football regulars, but were decked out in their Irish finest last night. They were pretty arrogant, though quiet about it. They kind of soured me on ND fans last night, though I'm sure they were an exception.

Having been to a couple of games involving Notre Dame, I think that is one of the easiest fanbases to pick out the actual ND alums. They tend to have a genial, dorky aura about them (my Dad calls them "Notre Dorks"). We had a couple of those around us, but the general interactions in our area with ND fans were pretty good--everyone was having a good time.

I didn't have an issue with any of their fans. There was an embarrassing Wake fan in my section, though. Kept shouting expletives and phrases like "Notre Dame always sucks the fucking refs cocks". There was a kid right in front of him :rulz:

Having been to a couple of games involving Notre Dame, I think that is one of the easiest fanbases to pick out the actual ND alums.

So you're saying the guys that were chanting Rudy weren't alums? :thumbsup:

The guys next to us drank the entire game and were foul mouthed and arrogant about everything. The worst part is that Wake season ticket holders sold them the seats for $160 each.

ND fans in our section were cool for the most part. Like others said, they just cheered for their team. One ND fan that sat on our row had bought season tickets and gave the remainder of his season tickets to my friend. Wish the Deacs best of luck for the rest of the season and even said "Go Deacs!".

My only complaint was some annoying ass ND woman making a ridiculous noise in the 3rd quarter after they made a play or a TD. She wouldn't STFU.

Deffinately wern't your average unc/miami/nc state kind of fan base. I enjoyed talking with a few that sat near me. Lots of respect for them, very respectable IMO.

I hope they want to come back in a few years!

Any estimates of how many nd fans there were? I was fearing a Nebraska situation from 2007.

Someone posted on the game thread that he saw two of them marched out by the cops. Wonder what that was about?

Not sure if it was the same incident, but Deacridges was trying to get up to the bathroom when he saw that some drunk dude was yelling at a little kid about something, so a bystander there with his family (not the kid's dad, I don't think) tried to intervene on behalf of the kid to calm the drunk guy down, and the drunk guy sucker punched him in the face. The victim's face was really jacked up, but apparently was more concerned about not getting thrown out of the game and was trying to convince the cops that he was just trying to help and shouldn't be tossed. I think the cops got the guy who threw the punch.

Back