• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Need Recs for the best restaurants in charlotte

We're doing Omakase at Prime Fish this Friday.

Anyone here done that?

Reviews and pictures look good.

i haven't but report back!

did omakase at Sushi Yasuda in NYC the other night - it was fantastic.

also i am a big fan of New Zealand for sushi, if you don't mind the tiny place in a strip mall.

We're doing Omakase at Prime Fish this Friday.

Anyone here done that?

Reviews and pictures look good.

You realize it's going to be a $400 per person experience, right? Can't imaging paying that anywhere, particularly not in Charlotte.

also i am a big fan of New Zealand for sushi, if you don't mind the tiny place in a strip mall.
Yamazaru and then New Zealand are our go-to spots. Yume was great when it opened, had fish flown in daily, and the Omakase was like $100 or less. But I've heard it's gone downhill lately.

You realize it's going to be a $400 per person experience, right? Can't imaging paying that anywhere, particularly not in Charlotte.

Yamazaru and then New Zealand are our go-to spots. Yume was great when it opened, had fish flown in daily, and the Omakase was like $100 or less. But I've heard it's gone downhill lately.
Right around $500 per person with the sake and wine supplement.

I hesitated a bit when I saw the final price tag but it is our anniversary and I don't mind paying for an experience.

We did counter for my birthday earlier this year, a little bit cheaper but worth it in my opinion, did their

Will report back.

On the cheap side of sushi we got takeout from sushi 101. It was fine but they had $1.50 domestic bottles so enjoyed a couple of those while I waited for my order.

wait, $500 omakase? that's nearly Masa prices

We don't all live out in the sticks. Although that place is out in Ballantyne and there's like no chance I'm going down there to eat dinner.

I’ve done the omakaze at O-ku and M Sushi, both the Durham and Cary locations, and while neither were that high-end, I’m kind of down on the process. O-ku wasn’t enough sushi, instead they included a bunch of small plates, and M included some stuff I didn’t like and would never order, like a $40 supplement for urchin that I hated. I think I’d rather just order a bunch of nigiri and ask for the chef’s recommendation to try a few new things.

I’ve done the omakaze at O-ku and M Sushi, both the Durham and Cary locations, and while neither were that high-end, I’m kind of down on the process. O-ku wasn’t enough sushi, instead they included a bunch of small plates, and M included some stuff I didn’t like and would never order, like a $40 supplement for urchin that I hated. I think I’d rather just order a bunch of nigiri and ask for the chef’s recommendation to try a few new things.

Nigiri omakase at M Sushi is awesome. Sitting at the bar there is great because they always hook you up with some great extra bites. Only really works for 2 people though. We’ve done the grand omakase there a couple times for special occasions. Looks like they changed that up at some point as the lineup is quite a bit different now.

M Sushi was far better than O-Ku, but I'm just not a fan of certain stuff like the scallop or urchin nigiri.

Yeah I totally hear you on that. I’m that way as well.

What is midrange ?

In a true SouthPark location, I'd recommend Bricktops, Dogwood, Roosters, or Bar Marcel. Bricktops will be a little higher priced though.

What’s the best midrange restaurant in or near SouthPark?
I like Duckworth’s and Paco’s Tacos - They are low to midrange, definitely not upscale

I also like 131 Main and it is more ‘midrange’

Del Frisco’s is my go-to upscale spot in South Park for celebrations

Barrington's for upscale.

Roosters is our favorite for mid-range and supports Deacs.

Not the best locations, but I also really like the menus (they're huge) at Bulla and Moon Thai/Japanese.

Back