• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Neighbor building a fence in my yard

Once it's staked put in a propane line and just make a giant wall of fire to mark the property line. He can build six inches inside of that.

92, it's pretty bad when you have to tell a much older man to get off your lawn.

Hope you're having the line marked in an additional manner, like paint.

Definitely follow-up with paint. Then you can simply tell your neighbor that you went ahead and got the line re-surveyed and it is marked with paint so there should be no confusion.

Definitely follow-up with paint. Then you can simply tell your neighbor that you went ahead and got the line re-surveyed and it is marked with paint so there should be no confusion.

yup...don't let him pull the 3" crap again

and would love to see pics of where the line actually is compared to where he is telling you...or he has staked for the fence

Cobb County, not City of Mar. No permits needed.

Line being re-staked today..

I'm not in the HOA and neither is he.

Appreciate the idea that I'm trying to not get into shouting matches with my much older neighbor who has been in the house for over two decades apparently, while I moved last year.

You both have equal rights to your own property, regardless if you moved in yesterday or 100 years ago.

You only have to respect your elders when they aren't complete dicks who are trying to steal your land.

One of my favorite lines from any Supreme Court case is "the right to exclude others" is "one of the most essential sticks in the bundle of rights that are commonly characterized as property."

Picture of the old fence.

reetrailer_001.png

Do you have French ancestry?

You should build some sort of shade over the disputed line so your neighbor can work in comfort as he builds his fence on your property.

Once Staked out by survey, string the stakes and then apply a very hearty dose of Round-up along the twine so the line is clear for months to come when he gets around to building the fence. Photograph all of the steps. Will be ugly until Fall grass season, but a great annoying reminder to the a-hole next door who was right and who was wrong.

Last edited:
He's been there so long I bet he never even bought any property. Just slowly took over inch by inch just l like this.

I don't get why folks come on here asking for advice, receive a lot of good advice, and then tack in a completely different direction not recommended by anyone. Movie tickets? Really? Is it just me or is that the equivalent of a dog allowing his ass to be sniffed? Or maybe a human knocking on a neighbors door, turning around and bending over.

Certified letter, certified letter, certified letter.

Dude probably never even had a job. Just showed up, took some land, lived off of the generous gifts people offered to him in exchange for returning their land. And then he took more. An original gangster.

Back