• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Neighbors want family's handicap ramp removed

BeachBumDeac

Cheap Date
Reaction score
http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/NEIGHBORS-WANT-FAMILYS-HANDICAP-RAMP-REMOVED-218930251.html

A handicap ramp in front of a Fountain family's house is in the middle of a neighborhood squabble.

Vincent and Heidi Giesegh say their neighbors are threatening legal action if they don't remove the ramp. They say the next door couple is worried that the ramp will hurt the value of their home. The Giesegh's say they need it for their 16 year old daughter Kirsten who has Cerebral Palsy.

Holy crap are those neighbors douchebags. Not to mention idiots. The only objection I have here is that the family with the ramp decided to escalate their argument in this way, but even so....the neighbors have it coming to them for being such assholes. Time for townie to update his poll.

The ramp doesn't even look bad compared to some that I've seen.

handicap+ramp.jpg2.jpg

By the way, bbd approriate, the add for the vein center on the top of the article page looks like PubeLovin.com

there isn't a HOA...they have no way to stop them since they got the approval from the city. the neighbors are being huge assholes and have most likely alienated themselves now that this has gotten out. besides, i just don't see how this affects the value of their house.

It's not like this is a freaking mansion in the first place. Here's a somewhat similar listing in Fountain, Co for $278,000.

LIMG80818008rad21562.JPG

http://www.homes.com/listing/194527021/7843_High_Gate_Dr_FOUNTAIN_CO_80817

How much less would you pay for this house if the home next door had a handicapped ramp? Or maybe they think people would pay less because they don't want to live next door to an epileptic.

People look at situations all wrong. Girl with Cerebral Palsy next door? She's probably home a lot with a caretaker. There's the neighborhood watch. YOU ARE WELCOME.

People look at situations all wrong. Girl with Cerebral Palsy next door? She's probably home a lot with a caretaker.

And, based on my experience, probably a lot more fun to be around that Mr. and Mrs. Analpucker.

Anytime you can bump up the value of your house by hosing a girl with CP, you have to go for it. Amirite?

The ramp doesn't even look bad compared to some that I've seen.

handicap+ramp.jpg2.jpg

No, that's a very nice ramp. I was thinking the wooden lean-to variety that you see on cheap houses with elderly owners.

Its not like this is a nice neighborhood to begin with. It's in Fountain, CO. That's a suburb of beautiful Colorado Springs. So sorry your prefab home value went from $189K to $184K. If the neighbors had spent the time and effort they spent complaining (about this and countless other issues no doubt) getting their sad pathetic lives together, they might not live in such a shitty place to begin with.

Back