• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Netflix to lose 1,794 streaming titles by the end of May

I'm really digging it. I just watched the one where Hank got ambushed in the parking lot. That was as tense a scene as I've seen on any screen. And the actress who plays his wife brought it in the next episode when she was kicking the DEA guys out of the waiting room. Awesome stuff.

IMO, that's one of the best scenes of any TV show of all-time.

I agree. "One minute" . So badass.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I thought this said "streaming titties" and got excited.

Funny. I've got about 100 movies/shows in my streaming cue and this ban only drops 2 titles from the list.

I'm really digging it. I just watched the one where Hank got ambushed in the parking lot. That was as tense a scene as I've seen on any screen. And the actress who plays his wife brought it in the next episode when she was kicking the DEA guys out of the waiting room. Awesome stuff.

Oh man. That one's great, but there is some awesome shit coming up, for realz.

There's a reason they finish at the top of the "Worst companies" lists every year. I absolute despise the content cartels.

They're desperate. They realize, probably better than we do, how tenuous their business model is. Bundled programming can't last much longer, right?

I feel like the movie selection has been weak for a year or two, but their growing library of TV shows fills the void for when i run out of Sports or current shows on the DVR.

I do miss trying to find old classics like "Airplane" to share with my kids who are finally old enough to watch and appreciate iconic films like this. I can't wait to see the look on my son's face (11) when that set of boobs flashes on the screen in the panic scene of Airplane.

They're desperate. They realize, probably better than we do, how tenuous their business model is. Bundled programming can't last much longer, right?

I'm not sure. The death of the bundle has been predicted for several years but the problem is the content producers can't find a way to make money without the bundle. The same companies often own both money-makers and assets that depend on bundling to survive. For example, ESPN could print money standing alone, but Disney owns it and they know that if they give people a way to get live sports unbundled, people will opt out of buying their other assets (for example "Lifetime Real Women", ABC Family, and A&E). Until companies like Disney can figure out a way to make money from unbundling it is in their best interests to keep their content exclusive to the bundlers.

I'm not sure. The death of the bundle has been predicted for several years but the problem is the content producers can't find a way to make money without the bundle. The same companies often own both money-makers and assets that depend on bundling to survive. For example, ESPN could print money standing alone, but Disney owns it and they know that if they give people a way to get live sports unbundled, people will opt out of buying their other assets (for example "Lifetime Real Women", ABC Family, and A&E). Until companies like Disney can figure out a way to make money from unbundling it is in their best interests to keep their content exclusive to the bundlers.

why not jus do a disney bundle? i would rather pay $15 a month to Disney straight for all channels as opposed to $75 a month to DirectTV for all of disney plus 100 other channels i could do without.

Because if it was just a Disney bundle, it would cost way more than $15 to make up for all the people who wouldn't buy the Disney bundle. On their own, the ESPNs and Disney Channels are worth at least $15 on their own.

INCREDIBLY shitty. They're either old school films that everybody's seen a million times (Hellraiser, Rosemary's Baby, Exorcist, etc.) or current D-grade garbage that looks like it was shot on a camera phone in somebody's attic.

Instant Watcher has 638 titles currently listed in the Horror category. Of these only 29 are rated 3.5 or higher. And of the 29 most are older flicks that everyone has seen or some anime stuff that is not even really horror. Just a really terrible selection of movies.

Back