• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Neutral Milk Hotel Reunite for Tour

just snagged 2 tix for The Tabernacle in late October.

I hope there isn't much singing along so I can actually hear Jeff.

I'm also in the camp that gets super annoyed with everyone singing along. There are shows when that is kind of cool, but Jeff's voice is just so god damn powerful/mesmerizing it's a bloody shame when fans want to compete by showing they know all the words. It's not quite as bad when it's just kind of quiet singing and Jeff's voice still dominates the room.. but this bro beside me at the Mangum show in PA thought he had the greatest voice and/or was the biggest fan there. He just belted out those songs full blast, completely off-pitch; then of course he was also THAT one guy that was just yelling at Jeff trying to be clever and get a response between every song. The worst.

If you want to sing along to that shit, wait until you get home, or back in your car, or anywhere else that isn't ruining what might be your only chance at ever seeing Jeff/NMH live and in full health.

Yeah, we just got lucky. Other of my friends did not.

I find it kind of hilarious that on this tour NMH is requesting that there be no photos or videos, including cell phone photography. Are they that 'cool' now?

Tickets go on sale for ACL Live in half an hour -- I'll see if I can grab a few.

Douche. Bag.

You don't want to simultaneously play to a crowd and anywhere from zero to a zillion non-paying judgmental randos on YouTube, and if you're fussy about your music, you'd just as soon not have your songs lifted out of the context of a performance and archived in ways that look and sound atrocious. Think about how infuriating it must be — how alienating it must be — to want to connect with your fans, only to find their damned iPhones situated between their faces and yours.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2...re-bands-right-to-scold-fans-with-cell-phones

I've never understood standing at a concert and taking a video with a phone. You're at the concert. Watch it and listen to it while it is happening in front of you, don't go home and jerk off over it later.

Same with art museums. I've seen people go from one painting to the next snapping photos of it. they don't even experience it while they are standing right in front of it. And there are better photos of the paintings in books and on the web than you will ever take with your phone. talk about douchebags.

You don't want to simultaneously play to a crowd and anywhere from zero to a zillion non-paying judgmental randos on YouTube, and if you're fussy about your music, you'd just as soon not have your songs lifted out of the context of a performance and archived in ways that look and sound atrocious. Think about how infuriating it must be — how alienating it must be — to want to connect with your fans, only to find their damned iPhones situated between their faces and yours.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2...re-bands-right-to-scold-fans-with-cell-phones

This. And the band will put out a video of the show(s) that they want to present as part of their oeuvre.

Don't be a tool.

I am going knowing that the fan sing along will be insufferable. The second album is a religion for most of the cult fans of the band

maybe by miracle i am wrong, and there is hushed respect

does anyone know the answer?

I am going knowing that the fan sing along will be insufferable. The second album is a religion for most of the cult fans of the band

maybe by miracle i am wrong, and there is hushed respect

does anyone know the answer?

Yes. Noobs will always sing along and clap along.

Tickets go on sale for ACL Live in half an hour -- I'll see if I can grab a few.

Sweet, just scored four tickets. My friend scored another four. And another couple scored four each.

That is sixteen tickets sold in a matter of seconds -- no wonder these shows sell out so quickly.

I've never understood standing at a concert and taking a video with a phone. You're at the concert. Watch it and listen to it while it is happening in front of you, don't go home and jerk off over it later.

Same with art museums. I've seen people go from one painting to the next snapping photos of it. they don't even experience it while they are standing right in front of it. And there are better photos of the paintings in books and on the web than you will ever take with your phone. talk about douchebags.

With that attitude, why would you take pictures or videos of anything?

Back