• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New ACC Football Scheduling Model

to be honest, the fact that this schedule seems nice, and . . . . could, perhaps, maybe, possibly, potentially . . . work well for us. . . .

well let's just say I've been a Wake fan for far too long to have any sort of assurance that this will last, LOL

Clemson and FSU only have 1 rivalry each and it’s with each other? Interesting.
Surprised in no FSU / Miami. Guess they’ll just see each other in the CG each year.
FSU/Miami is a protected rivalry. FSU has Clemson and Miami. Miami has FSU and VT.

FSU/Miami is a protected rivalry. FSU has Clemson and Miami. Miami has FSU and VT.
You're right. That's what I get for looking at 6:30.

Clemson still has 1. Guess we're hoping we pull in either USC.

Is this a direct charter or do they change planes in CLT/ATL ?

Is this a direct charter or do they change planes in CLT/ATL ?

It's one thing for football or even basketball I guess, but it's totally ridiculous to have non-revenue sports having to travel to Texas and California for conference games/matches. I've been a huge college football fan since I was a young kid and some positive changes have been made during that time. Having a real national title game in football for one, although it was kind of interesting when the Sugar and Orange Bowl games would be going on at the same time and figuring out who might get voted number 1. Scholarship limits, more bowl games to reward teams for a good season, although they've gone to the other extreme now. However, all this conference "realignment" and NIL (not so much the players getting money, but the way it's being done) are not positives.

It's one thing for football or even basketball I guess, but it's totally ridiculous to have non-revenue sports having to travel to Texas and California for conference games/matches. I've been a huge college football fan since I was a young kid and some positive changes have been made during that time. Having a real national title game in football for one, although it was kind of interesting when the Sugar and Orange Bowl games would be going on at the same time and figuring out who might get voted number 1. Scholarship limits, more bowl games to reward teams for a good season, although they've gone to the other extreme now. However, all this conference "realignment" and NIL (not so much the players getting money, but the way it's being done) are not positives.
Seeing all of this just reinforces for me the idea that football needs to break off and be run at a national level, with all other sports returning to regionally aligned conferences.

Seeing all of this just reinforces for me the idea that football needs to break off and be run at a national level, with all other sports returning to regionally aligned conferences.
Knowing what everyone from fans, coaches, AD's, t.v. execs, politicians etc. know today, this ideally would have occurred 25 years ago, and an 8-9 team ACC would still be the premier basketball conference along with the Big East.

I've heard several coaches, I believe including Clawson, say college football needs a commissioner. If salary caps aren't put in place this is going to only get worse.

I've heard several coaches, I believe including Clawson, say college football needs a commissioner. If salary caps aren't put in place this is going to only get worse.
Yeah, if they're going to make college football the NFL-lite, then it should be ran like the NFL.

Yea, I've long been a proponent of a max on NIL money per player. Kind of spreads the wealth around and lets certain schools pony up with the big boys for that superstar.

But then again, Alabama knowing that Georgia or Ohio State are going to offer the same max figure to the #1 QB or Edge Rusher, basically let's them take a larger pool of NIL and give larger figures to more players if a theoretical max is set. IDK exactly how it works now, but if it currently would take 5 million to get a kid to come to your school and your NIL pool is only 10 million total, you only have half the money to spread around to other positions. But if you set a max of 2 million/per player/per school, then Bama and tO$U and Georgia all know they are all going to offer the same to that one top tier recruit, but now that school has the theoretical ability to offer 4 more "max" players they can sign. Again, these numbers are probably wildly inaccurate, just throwing examples out there.

Wow...it really is going to be like pro sports.

Except NIL is the endorsement money. For decades, the NCAA and individual conferences decided against several good models but didn't want to share revenue with players. So this is what we're left with.

The ACC beat the Big 12 in the future scheduling announcement:

Back