• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New ACC Football Scheduling Model

So is the ACC doing wishful thinking going this far out, so they actually know no one will leave before then, and are they saying expansion is done?

Seems like if there was a worry of someone leaving soon or someone being added soon they wouldn’t have released this now.

The math just works for 7 years (all 14 existing ACC teams have 3 trips to the west coast over that span) so that's what they agreed to and that is the model. I think if you're the ACC you plan to stick together until someone officially leaves.

If Notre Dame told the ACC tomorrow that they want to be a full member (they won't), we'd have a new schedule.

The schedule wasn’t created in the spirit of fairness. It was created to try to reduce travel.

You would think that UNC would want to avoid playing UVa every year.

And I don’t think that anyone is really wanting to play at Pitt that bad. It’s just odd that they have been in the ACC for 10 years and Wake has never played there. Like it’s odd that Clawson has never coached against Miami in his 10 years at Wake.

Honestly, these schedules are way more interesting/exciting than the Louisville/Syracuse/BC combo we've been stuck with every year for the past however many years. Let's just hope the conference stays intact long enough to see some of this actually happen.
Yeah. I like it. I’m excited to see Cal at Groves next year.

Honestly, these schedules are way more interesting/exciting than the Louisville/Syracuse/BC combo we've been stuck with every year for the past however many years. Let's just hope the conference stays intact long enough to see some of this actually happen.
Yeah, I honestly can't complain about this.

The road game locations have improved. We get Atlanta, Miami, the Bay Area, and Dallas now. I never had any desire to go to Boston (after that first time), Louisville, or Syracuse. Clemson, Tallahassee, and Raleigh aren't that attractive either.

Yep. Wake and State are kind of like brothers fighting growing up, whereas Duke is more of a step-brother. Not quite the same thing.

The only thing I dont like is I have to wait until ‘26 for my short drive to see Wake in Dallas. Then it doesnt happen again for the foreseable future. So for me its more like a one time random midseason bowl game.

I am pleasantly surprised to look at our schedule and be fairly happy with how it shook out for us.

I'd like another game or two against VT. Maybe give up one of the UVA and GT games for that. I'm also used to BC being practically a rival.

But I'll take it. I hope we keep up with the UNC games OOC.

Not playing @Clemson until 2027 is nice.

Not getting them for two years in a row, and once over a 5 year span from 2025-2029 will be really nice, and that 2026 schedule looks yummy if we can get some QB play (and some nice away games)...2029's schedule might be even better!

I honestly love this schedule.

Clemson and FSU only have 1 rivalry each and it’s with each other? Interesting.
Surprised in no FSU / Miami. Guess they’ll just see each other in the CG each year.

Back