• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Athletic Director prospects...

I just don't see how RW would be let go in this situation. Yes, the basketball program is in shambles right now, but amongst other AD's and programs he's quite respected. In addition to that, he's on the NCAA tournament selection committee. He's made some mistakes, but none of us bat 1000 and he has done a good job of getting our name out there. He's interviewed quite often in major publications, moreso than some of our bigger named rivals. I could be way off, but I just don't see him being let go.

Maybe he can get us in a pod close to Winston this year.

i just love how like 3-4 years ago we were clamoring that we had the best AD in the country and begging him not to go to Tennessee.

was the Bz hire bad? absolutely. is Wellman being stubborn keeping Bz around? of course. but he isn't going anywhere.

our women's soccer program is in the midst of some of its most successful seasons in its history. men's soccer had a few of its worst seasons in the Vidivich era the last couple years and still made the NCAAs and have a top 5 recruiting class coming in. both golf programs are doing well and baseball is starting to trend up.

i get that this is a what have you done for me lately business and the revenue sports are what matter the most, but Wellman is a fine AD and not going anywhere

Wellman is 64 years old this year, he wont be around that much longer regardless of the [Redacted] situation.

we have a new front-runner:

Mueh reached the decision after chatting with several of the players. He promoted assistant coach Dave Pilipovich to interim coach, hoping he could rekindle the passion on the court.

"I could care less if they don't win another game," Mueh said. "I care a lot about their atmosphere and attitude out on the floor. I want them to jump up and high-five each other. I want them to smile when they're playing.
"I can't continue to allow the athletes on the court to just go through the motions and not have fun playing the game."
Reynolds told ESPN.com's Andy Katz that Col. William Walker and Jim Trego, two associate athletic directors at the Air Force Academy, told him at 8:45 a.m. in his office that he was being fired and that the Academy was going in a different direction.

"They told me they felt I had lost the team and they said the kids weren't having any fun," Reynolds said by phone Wednesday night. "That's a big deal here (with their demanding Academy schedule). They want the kids to have fun."
Reynolds said 90 minutes later he met with Mueh, who confirmed the decision for the same reasons.
"I asked him why and he said that the team wasn't responding and felt that I had lost the team," Reynolds said.
Reynolds said he wanted to make sure his assistants were all going to get paid. He said he was compensated as well. Reynolds was an assistant to former Air Force coach Jeff [Redacted] before taking over five years ago.
Link

Back