• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Bridger ribbon score/video board

deacondamo

El Jefe
Reaction score
Video Board Update

Email from Ron Wellman:

Good afternoon,

Thank you to everyone who has made a gift or a pledge to support the new video board initiative! As you know, the existing video board at BB&T Field is outdated and in dire need of replacement. Our vision is to create the best game day experience in the country, and therefore, it is vital that we focus our efforts on making the installation of the new, state-of-the-art video board a reality.

When this project was announced in February, we needed to raise the funds for the board in a very short timeframe in order to proceed with installation in time for the historic 2011 season which features the best home schedule in school history. Although fundraising for the board is not completed, we have made sufficient progress and momentum to proceed with the next stage of planning.

We will begin demolition of the existing board next week and will move forward with our plans for installation of a new, state-of-the-art video board. Assuming that financial support of the project continues to progress as we envision, we hope to complete the installation during the first month of the 2011 season. We are confident that our supporters and fans will continue to rally around this initiative and help us bring our vision to life.

We are very excited about the impact that this new video board will have on both the game day experience and the overall football program. The new board has the potential to completely transform the atmosphere at BB&T Field for our fans and players and we are looking forward to experiencing that in the coming months.

the image of the new board in the email and on the website looks a little different than what was envisioned originally. Maybe its just me. Looks like the actual video screen size is smaller with more space for ads. Maybe its an optical illusion.

I agree that the screen looks smaller now but the screen itself will still be bigger than our entire scoreboard is right now

I agree that the screen looks smaller now but the screen itself will still be bigger than our entire scoreboard is right now

Awesome news!

On a somewhat related not: Any updates from the student tailgate committee?

I'm a little confused. The board isn't going to be ready for the home opener? What happens if the financing that Mr. Wellman references doesn't come through and we have already demolished the old board? For Wellman's sake, I hope this project has really been well planned and not just an attempt to divert our eyes from the action on the field/court.

Heard from someone who would probably know that there was zero chance that this board was not going to be up this year, regardless of the public solicitation of donations that I think at one point was tacked on the old boards.

When the project was announced in February and they asked people to step up, they already knew it was going up and had the cash, as I understand.

Anyone else hear something like that?

Regardless, it will be cool to have a brand new gigantic video board.

Video-Board_NEW_rev_web.jpg

....so, so baller

I can't believe I'm moving away from Winston as these final touches are being done on Groves. At least I got see the glory that is DT.

1. New Video Board
2. ???
3. New OC

Not surprised at all they had the funding to do this without getting extra DC support. It wouldn't look good to announce this and then not be able to build it.

The new picture does look like a smaller board than before, perhaps they didn't have the final design plans until now.

Curious as to why they didn't include the OGBoards advertisement on the Video Board ...

Heard from someone who would probably know that there was zero chance that this board was not going to be up this year, regardless of the public solicitation of donations.

So why start it so late that it is not going to be ready for the first home game? The whole fundraising push for this has been rather clunky IMO.

Pretty sweet board. I'm picking a bad year to leave Winston.

So why start it so late that it is not going to be ready for the first home game? The whole fundraising push for this has been rather clunky IMO.

My thought as well. It seems like this project was going to go through, despite the low levels of funding. Why not make sure it's completed on time?

No way this thing wasn't going to be up this year. Hopefully construction will proceed faster than planned and it'll be ready by the first or second game. Will they have a temporary board up until it is finished, ala the trailer that has been at the Bridger Endzone?

I really hope its done for NC State, luckily our first game is away so that gives them an extra week or so. But it will be ready for all of our other games and having it for ND and VT will be huge.

Back