• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Car Buying Advice?

Barca you're gonna need some more confidence in this situation or you will be walking out in the first car you see without a test drive at all

I'm pretty confident in that I know what I want from each of the makes. I have a frontrunner in my head after a lot of research but I won't make that determination until I've driven everything.

already read it. Looking at Accord, Camry, Passat.
Accord and Camry was my initial list but I ended up getting an Altima ($4k less than Accord with better fuel economy and comfier seats). The new Accords (since '13 w/ the CVT transmissions) are really nice.

really don't know what makes this more "womanly" than a Camry or Accord. but yes, my wife will do most of the driving the next few months as I just walk to work and she drives. eventually when we have kids she's gonna get a "mom car" crossover SUV or something.

I'm pretty sure Volkswagen is German for gayguydriveswhat
VW and The Gap are the two major brands best known for chasing the pink dollar.

My wife had a Jetta when we got married and it stayed in the shop. We finally last week dumped it for a 2012 Camry SE with leather, sunroof, Bluetooth, and everything else sans rear camera. We also test drove a Honda Accord but the Camry was just a little nicer and quieter. I know its not all sporty and everything, but the reliability is unmatched and that's what we wanted most.

I had done all the research as well but I bought the car off a hometown dealers used lot (Wakefield Buick/Cadillac) and it was the most pleasant buying experience. They even let me take the car home for the weekend to seal the deal.

really don't know what makes this more "womanly" than a Camry or Accord. but yes, my wife will do most of the driving the next few months as I just walk to work and she drives. eventually when we have kids she's gonna get a "mom car" crossover SUV or something.

Kids? Embrace the Odyssey

Bump for heeelp!

HTTD was in an accident last week and we just found out his car is totaled. Neither of us has experience purchasing a car and weren't really planning on this so soon. We probably need to buy something this weekend. We're interested in certified pre-owned, low mileage, high mpg (duh - who isn't). He was driving an SUV and we like the extra size but don't truly need something that big. We'd be interested in hatchbacks or smaller sized SUVs. One kid with plans to eventually have another.

Any recommendations for cars to check out, places to look in/around Winston, things to ask?

Check the April issue of Consumer Reports. They collect a lot of data on cars reliability and publish it every April. Your library or local bookstore should still have copies available. CR will also point you in the direction of the questions you should ask/get answered.

Places like Autotrader, Kelly Blue Book and Edmunds are on-line resources for prices and availability of particular makes/models. Do your homework before you hit a dealership, unless you know somebody.

Rubbins posted how Rubbins got a great deal! The best deal! Yuge! It's probs in this thread. Basically get truecar car quote, and online dealer fellas and play off that and save $$$ and car buying is great again! Rubbins!

Seeing my posts up thread, we got a Camry and did the True Car quote but got it for a few grand under that.

Back