• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

Amaker was never mentioned in the candidate list. If we're going to go rogue, let's just go get Stevens! :dancindeac:

Amaker has been mentioned in the list of 6 candidates from the very beginning of the process.

If we hire Amaker then the "FUCK YOU" thread needs to be resurrected

The Fuck You thread never died, it was just co-opted by the Wake Rubes who think that someone doing their job a year too late is somehow a sign of competence. As we continue to see, the incompetence was, is, and will continue to be.

Last Ivy to ACC coach was Steven Donahue, who arguably is a better X&O and player development guy than Amaker, and he failed miserably. Amaker has inherited McD AAs and recruited some, yet never developed them to their full potential. He'd be a cross between Bzzz and Manning. In game Bzzz coaching, mixed with Manning's recruiting, combined dull personality of them both, and failure to lead Wake Forest to any substantial ACC prominence. All the while he won't be a good interview and will shun the press & fans, thereby not being held accountable for Wake Forest's continued suckage. If Amaker is hired, kiss Wake Forest basketball goodbye forever.

FWIW, Mark Titus (former tOSU player who is close to Matta) talked about Matta to Wake on his podcast this morning. Titus thinks he would accept if we offered him for a few reasons.
1) Money from tOSU is running out like we've said multiple times
2) Has family in NC
3) Doesn't have to deal with the politics of coaching at a big state school

Normally Titus shoots down any Matta rumors so interesting that he isn't here. But ultimately thinks we either won't offer him/can't afford him

Sportsnut vs Les vs Jeff Goodman. I sure hope Sportsnut is the weak link as he basically is saying expect Amaker. With being assured Amaker was on campus yesterday, hard to think differently.
If they are setting up Amaker vs Kelsey, just hire Pat and let us have some hope.

I think someone said before that the dude apparently won't do a weekly radio/TV show, so I have to imagine he'll be super eager to go have fan engagement & drum up interest in the program.

I just don't know how people can look at Clawson and what he has done at WF & other places (on and off the field) then go "let's hire the exact opposite for a basketball coach."

The yellow M&M is supposed to be Hatch.

FWIW, Mark Titus (former tOSU player who is close to Matta) talked about Matta to Wake on his podcast this morning. Titus thinks he would accept if we offered him for a few reasons.
2) Has family in NC

Normally Titus shoots down any Matta rumors so interesting that he isn't here. But ultimately thinks we either won't offer him/can't afford him

Link if anyone's interested: http://www.westwoodonepodcasts.com/pods/titus-tate/

Starts at the 1:09:00 mark. Says he hasn't talked to Matta at all

2) Has family in NC

Let's just say this is all true. What is the matta price tag? $5mm? i know it won't bridge the full gap but i guarantee the delta in deacon contributions/tickets/licensing $$, etc. between Matta and Amaker would be significant...

After [Redacted] and Mannequin, it seems like personality would be a requirement.

6000 extra tickets sold at $30 in revenues (tix/concessions/parking) times 18 home games= $3.2434M more that we were Daniel before we bank penny in extra money

MATTA would EASILY pay for himself at $5M.

Man if this post was a target at a firing range, you would be WAY wide on your shot

Les is really good but I have to disagree with him here a little, Miller is out, Belein is out, Matta is probably out, Forbes is unlikely and Amaker is a real possibility. I do not believe any decsiion has been made yet however.

I've never once had Beilein in my group of six candidates. So the only thing you're disagreeing with me about is if Wes Miller is in or out, which very well could have changed in the last 16 hours since I reported all six of the original candidates were still involved.

Yeah, strange omission.

Got anything you can share this morning? Even if it’s your gut feeling by reading tea leaves?

With the understanding that anything I say here can ignite a fuse ...

I stand by what I've heard, that Forbes and Miller are out. Not the same source for them, but I trust info.

I think it's down to Matta, Kelsey and Amaker.

With the understanding that anything I say here can ignite a fuse ...

I stand by what I've heard, that Forbes and Miller are out. Not the same source for them, but I trust info.

I think it's down to Matta, Kelsey and Amaker.

is your source saying Forbes is out for Wake reasons or for Forbes reasons?

Well fuck me, then.

giphy.gif

Alright here’s on for everyone.

Would you prefer Amaker or Ryan Odom?

Amaker or Mark Prosser?

Mark Prosser for Ryan Odom?

Kelsey or Miller?

Matta or Beilein?

Back